Drop off location for the Breakaway

love to read

My wife and I both have some mobility issues. We are going to park at the port. I am aware that we can drop off our luggage on the second level of the garage. I was planning on leaving the wife on the second level with our carry on luggage, parking the car then meeting up with her back at the second level. My understanding is that we then must cross the street to the terminal. We have wheelchair assistance to board the ship. My question is can I drop my wife off in front of the terminal, then go park the car and meet up with her out front or are there impediments which prevents drop offs in front of the terminal. It would be better if only one of us had to make the trek from the parking garage. Plus we would not be dragging our carry ons that far.

Thanks

My wife and I both have some mobility issues. We are going to park at the port. I am aware that we can drop off our luggage on the second level of the garage. I was planning on leaving the wife on the second level with our carry on luggage, parking the car then meeting up with her back at the second level. My understanding is that we then must cross the street to the terminal. We have wheelchair assistance to board the ship. My question is can I drop my wife off in front of the terminal, then go park the car and meet up with her out front or are there impediments which prevents drop offs in front of the terminal. It would be better if only one of us had to make the trek from the parking garage. Plus we would not be dragging our carry ons that far.

Thanks

If you park at port you do not have to cross street!! There is a big elevator they will put you in outside area( you will be walking out with all , but not across street) . Someone will explain better I am sure!

When we boarded the Gem in NYC last week, the process was: pay for parking when you enter. Drive to the parking area for your ship and give the receipt to the lot attendant. All vehicles then had to pull over and were searched by a K-9 unit. Once cleared, there was an area quite near the elevator (maybe 50 steps or so) where you can drop luggage and passengers while the driver parks. There were a few handicapped spots in the lot, if you have plates or a placard. The driver parks and walks back, then you take the elevator down to Level 2 (there's an attendant on the elevator who will guide you). Go outside to leave your checked luggage (again about 50 steps or so), then back in for check-in. It was pretty straightforward. Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kosi I was under the impression that we had to cross a street to get to the terminal.

I also have mobility issues. Better for both of you to go to park. You can drop the luggage and passenger at the front of the lot and then park.

The other way you will have to leave the port and go all away around. That can take quite a bit of time with the traffic.