Shuttle service to Long Beach

Rosefloater

Due to our ride bailing on us to Long Beach, we need a shuttle service to the port from our house. Not interested in Uber or Lyft. I know there are many bad reviews about Prime Time and SuperShuttle. But out of the 2, which one should we do?

I have found other shuttle services, but they only go to airports. But, if anyone knows of another shuttle service that goes from a residence to the port, I would look into them.

TIA

Roadrunner and Execucar will also transport to the Long Beach pier. Can find 10% off coupons for Execucar online.

Karmel also transports to the Long Beach pier but not from SFV.

Edited by SadieN

Due to our ride bailing on us to Long Beach, we need a shuttle service to the port from our house. Not interested in Uber or Lyft. I know there are many bad reviews about Prime Time and SuperShuttle. But out of the 2, which one should we do?

I have found other shuttle services, but they only go to airports. But, if anyone knows of another shuttle service that goes from a residence to the port, I would look into them.

TIA

Over the years, we've used Roadrunner quite a bit. They've been fairly dependable and, even though a shared shuttle, because most of their customers are in Ventura County, they've always picked us up last and dropped us off first...They'll charge $111 (plus a tip) for two, each way, from us to either cruise terminal.

But, of late, we've been going with Uber...They are considerably less expensive (unless you hit "surge" pricing) and, except for getting one at LAX, far more responsive and dependable...and no sharing needed...

I'm actually torn right now, for my Christmas Ruby Princess cruise, whether to use Uber or just drive myself...With parking up to $17 per day, my 8 night cruise would cost $136 just to park my car at the pier... The UberX estimate is $50-68 each way...So, even at the high end of that, we are at the same place as parking...but don't have to pay for gas, wear and tear on the car or leave the car outside for 8 nights...and we'll save around $120 off a shuttle fare...

Really, really stupid question... (never used the shuttles before)

If destination says 'LA Harbor' or 'Long Beach Harbor' meaning to any dock, including the Carnival dock in Long Beach or the Cruise ship terminal in San Pedro, correct?

Edited by SadieN

Really, really stupid question... (never used the shuttles before)

If destination says 'LA Harbor' or 'Long Beach Harbor' meaning to any dock, including the Carnival dock in Long Beach or the Cruise ship terminal in San Pedro, correct?

Which site is that on? When I plugged it in to the Roadrunner site, there were different pop-ups for "Carnival Cruise Lines, Windsor Way, Long Beach" and for "World Cruise Center, Los Angeles". The price ended up being the same, but you need to make the right reservation so they send you on a van going to the right place.

On the Super Shuttle site, in the "To or From Airport" pull-downs, they have "Los Angeles Harbor" and "Long Beach Harbor"...If you are on Carnival, choose "Long Beach Harbor", anything else, "Los Angeles Harbor"...The Long Beach one will put you on a shuttle to the Carnival port, the Los Angeles one will send you to the World Cruise Center in San Pedro...It makes a BIG difference.

Steve... Don't remember which site. Looked at Super Shuttle, RoadRunner and Execucar last night

Got a quote back from Roadrunner for $100 for a shared van and $182 for a private car. That is about $20 more for a shared van and $80 more than a private car from Prime Time. So Roadrunner is out.

Many of the local services just have a simplified online booking/quoting engine, basically airports, the two ports, certain landmarks, but if you send them an email, you can get a quote for a point to point pickup.

the last time we were on a two-week cruise out of San Pedro, I sent an email to many different services (I used yelp and local yahoo to come up with my list) with the dates for pickup from house and from port, how many passengers, how much luggage we were planning to take. I got most responding within a day or two. we selected Ontime and they worked out fine. They even had an actual person call to confirm (a couple of years ago Prime Time used a recording saying our driver is on the way....not mentioning to where, which turned out to be to the wrong place).

They're looking into renting a car. It's running about $50. Picking up in the North SFV, dropping off near the LB Convention Center. Taxi or Passport Bus to port.

No worries about them not showing up, surge pricing or date/time mix ups.

(I'm the ride that bailed :D, going to Rome over Thanksgiving to visit DD)

Edited by SadieN