Seating for 18! What do you suggest?

cynorm

A group of 18 will be traveling on the Jewel of the Seas in February. What is the best way to split our group in the dining room? Are there tables for 10 and 8 next to each other? We understand that we will be separated but we wish to be as close as we can to the other group. I am sure that some former cruiser will know this answer.

When we went we just told oue TA we wanted to be all together. We had 21. They gave us really big tables right next to each other. It was nice because everynight we mixed our seating around and we got to eat with everyone. It was fun.

We did the same thing last year with a party of 15, two tables of eight right next to each other. The same serving team was at both tables and they did not mind at all that we plyed musical chairs every night. It was fun an our servers were great fun, too.

We did the same thing last year with a party of 15, two tables of eight right next to each other. The same serving team was at both tables and they did not mind at all that we plyed musical chairs every night. It was fun an our servers were great fun, too.

We had 18 also and having the same serving team at both tables may not happen without intervention. Contact the dining coordinator at RC in Miami for you ship and make that request. That is what I did. I was requested to send a fax with the details of our group. You can also make it through you TA. Either way make sure you get a confirmation from the dining coordinator that your request has been received.

Been on 2 RCI cruises in groups of 30 and 18. No problem having tables next to each other. Played the musical chairs game every night and the waiters didn't seem to mind. It was fun changing places and sitting with different people each night. One night we even put all the kids together at one table. The last adult to arrive at the dinner table sat with them. Kind of like Old Maid. Ha Ha The kids were all in the 9-11 age category, were dressed nicely and well behaved. The waiters really doted on the kids and made them feel special. We all decided to pay the recommended tip and then added cash to the envelopes since they were so accomodating. Also, 2 nights we ate in the specialty restaurants and informed the waiters the night before as a courtesty to them. You'll have no problem as long as whomever is leading up your group makes the request ahead of time to RCI.

We sailed on Celebrity. Once everyone had registered online, I linked the reservation/confirmation numbers on their website.

You can do the same on RCCL website also, Just get the names and confirmations numbers of everyone. If you are going through a travel agent, notify them and they will put you together. It will probably be a 10 person table next to a 8 person table. Hard to say if you will get the same server for both tables but that isn't a big deal.

Everyone seems to have given you the same answer I had. I just would add once your all on the ship, compare table numbers (normally listed right on your ID card) and then if there is a problem the maitre'd has a time slot and room set up on the day you sail where you can go to get your seating problems taken care of well before the first dinner. I have done this a few times and it all worked out well. I believe the time and place where the changes are made is listed on the daily news paper they give you with the days activities. I would think that if you wait til you get to the dinning room to find out your not sitting with your group then trying to get that straighten out wont happen til at least the next night.

Archived