RCCL Dynamic Dining

Trishyfishy64

My husband, 15 year old son, and two sets of grandparents, and I will be traveling on Anthem of the Seas in November. I'm confused with the dynamic dining. I've read up on it on RCCL website, but I'm still unsure how it works. Our family likes to eat early, around 6:30pm. We don't mind buffet-style at breakfast or lunch, but definitely not for dinner. At dinner time we enjoy a calmer sit down meal. Has anyone experienced dynamic dining that can shed some light on how it works. Can we eat early? Can we eat at the same time each night and book that in advance? Are there any advantages to dynamic dining? So many questions ...

We've only ever sailed with DCL before and we've thoroughly enjoyed their dining experience so I'm a little anxious about this new dining take with RCCL. To make things a little trickier, there is a vegan sailing with us and I'm worried that that might become an issue if we're choosing restaurants at the last minute.

ANY help and suggestions are VERY welcome!! :)

From what I hear, RCL will stop DD on Nov. 27th sailing. They received too many negatives on the DD. I don't know when you are sailing. I was a little nervous about the DD because we have never done it. Now I won't get a chance to try.:mad:

Edited by First Aider

My husband, 15 year old son, and two sets of grandparents, and I will be traveling on Anthem of the Seas in November. I'm confused with the dynamic dining. I've read up on it on RCCL website, but I'm still unsure how it works. Our family likes to eat early, around 6:30pm. We don't mind buffet-style at breakfast or lunch, but definitely not for dinner. At dinner time we enjoy a calmer sit down meal. Has anyone experienced dynamic dining that can shed some light on how it works. Can we eat early? Can we eat at the same time each night and book that in advance? Are there any advantages to dynamic dining? So many questions ...

We've only ever sailed with DCL before and we've thoroughly enjoyed their dining experience so I'm a little anxious about this new dining take with RCCL. To make things a little trickier, there is a vegan sailing with us and I'm worried that that might become an issue if we're choosing restaurants at the last minute.

ANY help and suggestions are VERY welcome!! :)

You may still have the choice of Dynamic Classic, which is a set time every night, early or late.

Edited by clarea

Any idea when we can choose that? Is it usually so many weeks before sailing? When I log into my account it says that it's either too early or too close to sailing date.

Try calling whoever booked your cruise. You may not be able to select this type of change via the website. If they tell you it's full, ask to be put on the wait list.

Guest maddycat

There are 2 types of Dynamic Dining, DD classic and DD choice. In classic you either dine early (5:30 - 6:00) or late (8:30). You are assigned to a table and rotate each night through the complimentary restaurants with your same wait staff sitting at the same table #. In DD choice you choose which restaurants and the time that you want to eat each night. You should make reservations before the cruise. The time can always be changed once on board. If you don't have reservations before the cruise you might not be accommodated.

If you booked directly with RCI call and have them help you with the reservations. If you booked with a travel agent, have them help you.

We loved dynamic dining and are not happy that it is being eliminated. We enjoyed eating in a different restaurant each night.

Below are the links to the cruise critic Anthem board and the RCI board. You'll find some good information on those boards. It will help you with your planning.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/royal-caribbean/anthem

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83