Question about Gratuities

lalalemon

Hi there,

We'll be cruising soon and don't plan to use the main dining room as we love the windjammer.

Would it be wrong to remove the gratuities from our account and just tip our room attendant?

HI,

You're not a new member, not your 1st post, I am very curious & would like to ask:

Is this your very 1st cruise???

:cool:

Might I also suggest that you pick anytime dining that way you are not holding a table and any money on the account for the dining room that is not used will go to the people in the buffet area.

We had a table for 8 once, MDR early seating... because we like to meet and talk to new people. The table had every seat assigned, but we had a table for two (us) for the entire cruise. Yes, we could have moved, but only to a different waiter and we didn't want to totally stiff our fantastic waiters... so we stayed.

If you do not plan on eating at a set time in the MDR, please do change that to My Time...

We've done that before (not used the MDR) and we left the tips in place. It's really hard to figure out how to just cancel the MDR part and leave the cabin and "other people" on board parts. We tend to frequent lots of venues on the ship and know that the tips get distributed to other service areas.

If it were more money I'd probably give it more thought, but it cost less per day to pay the tips than to buy one fruity drink so it's not a big enough deal for us.

Tom