Mexico 4 day in June 2017

tallgrl75

I am planning a 4 day cruise to Mexico for a graduation gift to my son. There would be 4 of us cruising. I am pricing the cruises and see that the further into 2017 you go, the more expensive they get. My question is, if I wait, will they get cheaper as they get closer? I have only ever cruised once before and it was a group cruise. Thank you and any feedback would be appreciated!

I am planning a 4 day cruise to Mexico for a graduation gift to my son. There would be 4 of us cruising. I am pricing the cruises and see that the further into 2017 you go, the more expensive they get. My question is, if I wait, will they get cheaper as they get closer? I have only ever cruised once before and it was a group cruise. Thank you and any feedback would be appreciated!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

As with most things, it's supply and demand. I don't know if there is a magic number of when to book. However, prices can and do go down but with the early saver discount they won't ever increase.

Keep an eye on cruises and be flexible and I'm sure you'll find something that works for you. Even if it is an "older" Fantasy class ship.

We just did the 3 day to Mexico in July with 2 people.

We're about to go on the 4 day to Mexico in October, originally booked with 3 people.

Even with (1) an extra person and (2) an extra day, the grand total was actually CHEAPER in October (3 people/4 days) than our cruise in July (2 people/3 days) in the same room category. As already mentioned, there's got to be supply & demand in play.

If you're comfortable with the terms of Early Saver (cancellation/change penalties!) you can book now and get a credit for any price drop you see in the future.

Congratulations on your son's graduation!

I am planning a 4 day cruise to Mexico for a graduation gift to my son. There would be 4 of us cruising. I am pricing the cruises and see that the further into 2017 you go, the more expensive they get. My question is, if I wait, will they get cheaper as they get closer? Thank you and any feedback would be appreciated!

If you are planning for June then yes, the prices will be higher than in May. July and August being peak vacation times and higher demand will be higher priced than June.

But take a look at September, October, November and early December and watch what happens to the pricing.