Average age of passengers

hrmkr

Hello everyone,

We just booked a Southern Caribbean cruise on the Fascination for the middle of February 2107. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the average age of the passengers that usually cruise during this time? My wife and I are now empty nesters (both kids now in college) and taking our first alone vacation.

We are both around 50 years old. Will we be part of the younger crowd since most people younger would probably still have kids in school? Yes, I know, people of any age can have lots of fun.

Just wondering

Hello everyone,

We just booked a Southern Caribbean cruise on the Fascination for the middle of February 2107. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the average age of the passengers that usually cruise during this time? My wife and I are now empty nesters (both kids now in college) and taking our first alone vacation.

We are both around 50 years old. Will we be part of the younger crowd since most people younger would probably still have kids in school? Yes, I know, people of any age can have lots of fun.

Just wondering

Uhm, you won't be that age in 2107 and I'm sure you'll be the oldest people afloat at that point. :D

Now if it is 2017 :D, you'll be on the younger side of the passengers.

Hey bar1068. We are not far from you. We are in Laurel.

Are you serious about the age? Where did you get the data or are you kidding?

Howdy neighbor!

LOL!! I TOTALLY made it up....sorry....just having fun....though I'd almost wager that number may not be that far off!! We are "experienced" empty nesters and have cruised at all times of the year with all sorts of age groups...a couple of cruises WE were in the younger age groups!!

I used to live in Laurel...spent alot of time there even when not living there...especially at the Gardens Ice House...

I am older than you and I did a Southern Caribbean cruise last October. Enjoy your first alone cruise, it will be wonderful. The age ranges from young to old, and everywhere in between. I think you will be right in the mid range of age. Unless you really did mean 2107 and then I really want to learn your secret.

Edited by dacsmom

I did find a link that gave the average age of cruise passengers as 50+, so with a winter cruise one would probably find a little higher age group. Another interesting fact found on the site was that 55 cruise ships have sank since 1979. Just gave a number not the size or type. Not many casualties for not that many deaths were shown since 1979.

I don't know the median age, but we are a bit older than you and have never felt that we are the oldest or outnumbered by young adults, but always comfortable at the various times we have cruised.

Never in the summer, never during spring breaks, never over major holidays - so never had an experience with the ships having large number of children.

You will enjoy your cruise, and never even notice the ages!

Hi from another (former) Laurelite here! I lived in Laurel all my life until moving to the Eastern Shore in '99, at the age of 24. My parents still live in Laurel (Old Town area), in the same house I grew up in.:) I'm sorry, I couldn't resist piping up - it's such a small world.:o

Now, back to the OP's subject: I agree with what most everyone else said: there will be a wide range of ages, including some children, with the average age being somewhere in the 40 - 55 range, I would guess. I'm 41, and if I were to think about it (I don't think I ever really have, before), looking back, I think I have always felt comfortably in that "middle zone" of the age range onboard, even when I surely couldn't have actually been so, such as when I was in my early 30's.

I realize I've given a wide range and a vague assessment, but really, I haven't ever noticed the age range on my (non-holiday, non-Summer) Carnival cruises to make a more precise guess. The demographic hasn't felt "young" or "old" to me. I guess I'm not too observant in the category of age.:o

good to hear that we should be in the median age group. I didn't want it to a ghost town after dinner.

Another thing to keep in mind with this itinerary is that it is very port intensive so many will be going to bed early since you want to be off the ship early to start excursions.

I'm going to have a blast however it is.

Just an FYI - Many schools in the Northeast have a school vacation week in February (usually the week of the Presidents' birthday holiday). In 2017 that's the week of February 20 - 24. I would anticipate a much larger number of school kids that week than earlier in February…

The average age in MY cabin would be about 56. 56.5 if we are talking about next February (we'll both have a birthday by then)

Which doesn't help much but I just wanted to get in on the Maryland love. I lived in Owings Mills when I was in second grade. :D

My cousin still lives in Pasadena. I stay with him whenever I go up there for the Maryland Death Fest.

Just got off the Pride- the average was 64.2 and the average weight was 247lbs. Seriously though, there were so many morbidly obese people on that cruise, I'm surprised they don't have more medical emergencies. I'm convinced 35% of them never left the dockyard.

Viesczy.

We REALLY plan ahead for our trips. :)

Best way to be! Nothing is more fun that having the plan and just sticking to it. Nearly as much fun as the trip itself.

Now of course time is REALLY going to go slow 'til 2107 though...

Hope you have a great time and yes, you'll be on the younger third of the cruise for sure. Be the eye candy and such!

When we cruised the Triumph last December 5-10, there were a lot more school age kids then I would have thought. That was Sat to Thursday so the kids were missing 4 days of school and I don't think all of them were home schooled,

Depends when in February. Some of the northern states (like NY) get the entire President's week off, so would not be surprised to find a lot of kids on them.