Gty cabin question - Celebrity Solstice

tassie cruiser

Hi there, I booked cruise for this xmas/nye on Celebrity Solstice leaving 23rd Dec. I only booked it a few days ago and booked 2 x cabins, both XC category (Concierge guarantee) I had a look on the Celebrity site this morning as we have never cruised Celebrity before, and found our booking and when I looked at details we have already been assigned our cabins. I wasn't expecting to until last minute pretty much.. So, sorry I got off the subject a bit. lol... Does this mean that the cabins that are now allocated, is there a chance they will change again or many times up until sailing date or once you have, that is it ? Any info would be appreciated.. Many thanks. Fiona :)

p..s The cabins we got were... C2 - 1079 and 1099

I have found they allocate cabins quite quickly once a deposit is received. They could change again but likely they will not. Should you see better cabin location (same category) I think you are able to ring and have it changed...someone else can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong on that...I know some lines will not let you. We didn't need to...was very happy with our assignment as we also booked 2 GTY cabins and once assigned found they were interconnecting !!

Happy sailing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have found they allocate cabins quite quickly once a deposit is received. They could change again but likely they will not. Should you see better cabin location (same category) I think you are able to ring and have it changed...someone else can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong on that...I know some lines will not let you. We didn't need to...was very happy with our assignment as we also booked 2 GTY cabins and once assigned found they were interconnecting !!

Happy sailing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for that. Makes sense. Wow you were lucky getting interconnecting cabins. On second thoughts, maybe I wouldn't want that as the other cabin is our daughters. Lol. Not sure would want the, that close. :p

We have booked 3 guaranteed balconies in the past and once assigned the cabin has never changed.

As to changing your assigned cabin - those booking in the US can (within the category assigned) and if there is a cabin available but those booking in the UK cannot. Not sure about elsewhere.

The cabins you have been assigned look well located and not sure I would be looking to move if I were in your shoes - a swap might mean the cabins will be closer together - if that's a good thing

Edited by DYKWIA

Hi Fiona, you're not far from us [emoji12]. We're in 1087 and 1089. From what I've read it's a good deck, fairly quiet and central with good views. I guess we'll see come December.

Vickie

Edited by VickieG74

Hi Fiona, you're not far from us [emoji12]. We're in 1087 and 1089. From what I've read it's a good deck, fairly quiet and central with good views. I guess we'll see come December.

Vickie

Oh wow Vickie, we are close. You are right in the middle of us. Lol.

Yes, from what I read that's a good deck, so quite happy with.

Edited by tassie cruiser

Oh wow Vickie, we are close. You are right in the middle of us. Lol.

Yes, from what I read that's a good deck, so quite happy with. ��

I had a guarantee cabin booked on a Celebrity cruise and they changed the cabin assignment twice. We ended up in a concierge 3 from a guarantee veranda booking so I was very happy. So yes, it's definitely possible that they will change the assignment.