Am I worrying too much - Jewel of the Seas

Mijome10

Just made my first cruise booking for the above ship on 10th Sep next year (Greece, Turkey and Italy)

Has anyone been on the ship at that time of year and is it really busy with children.

I suppose what worries me most is the first day at sea is our 25th wedding anniversary and the thought of not getting a sunbed around the pool to just chill makes me slightly worried after reading reviews of how packed it gets around the pool on sea days.

I've looked on manage my booking and there is no speciality dining showing up or entertainment - is this because its a little early yet?

Sorry for questions and be gentle with replies :)

Thanks

I would not worry. If you get up early enough, you can get a sunbed. Also, it's way too early for specialty dining. Entertainment won't show up pre-cruise, it's all first come, first served for Jewel.

Edited by clarea

I don't think it will be too busy with children as most should be back in school by then. We were on the Jewel on 28th August and the sunbed issue was a bit of an issue, yes. The first sea day wasn't too bad - you could still get a sunbed around 11am but the second sea day was absolutely packed. We got up there around 8am and all the sunbeds around the pool were taken and even most of the sunbeds on deck 12 were gone. We did manage to get some on deck 12 but it was very windy up there! You don't book entertainment on Jewel as Bob said.

Edited by cloud_nine