Help! What class of ship would you aim for?

missbear

My situation: My husband I and loved a cruise on Millenium and my parents are somewhat interested in going on an Alaska cruise together. They have never cruised, and haven't been very interested in it but we have been persuading them.

We enjoyed having a veranda and spent a lot of time in the solarium. They will probably just go for a window but I'm not sure. We are leaning towards a Millenium class ship but we don't want to jump to conclusions. The other ships may have some really great qualities. I really need a place I can get warm, preferably somewhere relaxing. Help.

If anyone can help with what they have liked about some different ships, that would help a lot.

i have been on 3 of the m class ships and have loved them all.I would think the thallo pool area would be so inviting and warming on an Alaskan cruise.Honestly i love the M class so much, i always wonder if i would like one of the smaller ships. its a real splurge for us to take a cruise and i am always hesitant to do a smaller ship and maybe not be as awed. We just booked a 14 day Panama cruise on the Summit (aft CC cabin), in my book it doesnt get much better then that.

Enjoy your Alaskan cruise. Know you will have a wonderful time !

Nadine

We have sailed Mercury and Infinity, and would do either again. I think for a first time cruiser who may be a little skeptical,as you say your parents have needed some persuasion, go for the larger ship.

Mercury, Infinity are both too large to sail into those "out of the way" places so you are going to find the same basic itinerary. The larger ship will have the large indoor pool and just more options.

I think I'd go with the Infinity. The T-Pool is a nice area, and the Aqua Spa Cafe has some good menus. There is just more to see and do on a bigger ship. Especially for first time cruisers like your parents.

I loved our cruise on the Mercury, and hope to do another, but I did miss some of the M class features, like the specialty restaurants.

Tough choice, but at least there is no wrong answer!:D

Susan

We have sailed on Infinity twice, Millennium once, Galaxy twice and Mercury once, so I suppose that qualifies us somewhat as Celebrity "experts". It is true that the Thallasotherapy Poool on the M class ships is special; but we loved Galaxy and Mercury also. We have has the same sky suite twice on Infinity and an SS on our second Galaxy cruise, but standard veranda cabins on the other three cruises. If the itinerary is what you want, and only

a Century class ship was available, I would not hesitate. I can't speak for Horizon or Zenith though; but they are smaller ships and many people like this. I hear Horizon is leaving the fleet though.

Each class of ships has something different to offer...We've cruised on Mercury 4 times, and I find this ship extremely comfortable and grand. I wouldn't hestitate to book a cruise on Mercury again. The M class ships are also fantastic, but different. The speciality restaurant is wonderful, and also the Spa food...the ships are beautiful and the over-all layout easier to navigate.

All in all, I enjoy both...but for separate reasons.

Karyn

How old are your parents? I took my parents (80s) on the Horizon a couple of years ago and was concerned it may be too small for them. they had been on larger ships before...however, their comment was that they really loved the Horizon because "everything is so close". They enjoyed not having to walk so far to dinner, the shows, etc. So, depending on their age and mobility, you may want to consider Century class.

Archived