Best way to get to our pre-cruise hotel in Port Canaveral from Orlando airport

CSAU

Is there a shuttle bus? Uber? I've been told it's about 45 minutes away but renting a car for only 1 day seems a lot of work.

Your advise is very much appreciated! :)

There are several shuttle options....Cortrans being the most popular at 20pp each way. Rental car one way is the other. When are you in the area? Keep in mind peak times = peak rental rates.

Thanks 20pp each way from the airport sounds good to me. We will be there mid-Dec (high season) arriving at night, a family of 3. Should I reserve it ahead of time or can I get the shuttle bus tickets right at the airport?

I guess we will then Uber to the cruise port. Is that what most people do these days?

After cruise we will rent a car and stay in Orlando for few days. I remember some rental car companies have shuttle buses at the cruise port but it can be a bit chaotic. Do most people also Uber to rental car companies (from Port Canaveral) these days?

Thanks again!

Thanks 20pp each way from the airport sounds good to me. We will be there mid-Dec (high season) arriving at night, a family of 3. Should I reserve it ahead of time or can I get the shuttle bus tickets right at the airport?

I guess we will then Uber to the cruise port. Is that what most people do these days?

After cruise we will rent a car and stay in Orlando for few days. I remember some rental car companies have shuttle buses at the cruise port but it can be a bit chaotic. Do most people also Uber to rental car companies (from Port Canaveral) these days?

Thanks again!

I would go to cortrans website to reserve. Just google Cortrans Port Canaveral. Depending on your hotel you can shuttle into the port or Uber. The rental companies do have shuttle service at the port so you can take their ride or try and beat the rush and cab or uber over to pick up your car.

Also....if Port Canaveral hotel rates are really high and you won't have a chance to explore our area....there are a bunch of really nice hotels just outside of the Orlando airport on Semaron Blvd. You could stay there and still shuttle over with Cortrans in the morning.

What a great idea and thanks so much!! I think that's exactly what we will do - stay at the hotel close to the airport and figure out the transportation the next day since we will be arriving late.

What a great idea and thanks so much!! I think that's exactly what we will do - stay at the hotel close to the airport and figure out the transportation the next day since we will be arriving late.

A few suggestions right at the airport....Hyatt Place Orlando Airport, Homewood Suites, Embassy Suites, Wingate, and Spring Hill Suites. These hotels are all newer with great airport shuttles and breakfast in the morning. I stay often at Doubletree....but only when I'm flying too early for breakfast and need to park my car for more than 10 days. Skip the Courtyard...super noisy and really and I honestly never feel safe there for some reason.

And FYI...Cortrans has a list of aiport hotels they pick up from directly on their website. Cocoa Beach shuttle is a good shuttle group also. If you look up hotels and anything comes up McCoy road...skip.

Edited by Magellan321

In addition to the dependable budget-minded companies mentioned for shared shuttles (Cortrans, CB) from MCO hotels, also ask your hotel if they offer transport to Port Canaveral.

During certain months hotels like Hampton Inn offer Bon Voyage or similar packages for as little as $17 per person to the Port!

Here is a map of the hotels near the airport to consider.

Cluster-Orlando-Airport2.jpg