solo travelers definition

bones774

just off the bway and noticed NCL refers to solo travelers for different activities. To me there is a difference between solo and single. I could be solo but still have a spouse at home or i could be what is commonly called a single but have my children onboard with me.the easy answer is nobody checks your status do whatever you want , but i'm looking for singles and possibly no interest in meeting solo travelers. any input?

I'm single and solo. Here's a hint for men, look for a wedding ring on the ladies. That usually explains their status.

I've thought of making a t-shirt stating SINGLE as well. It's more complicated for women who may want to meet a truly single man though as many who are married never bother to wear their wedding ring. Just my humble opinion after 20+ cruises.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My thoughts are that you are being unrealistic.

Firstly, most singles tend to avoid traveling during schools off time. I am single, as are some of my friends and unless they have kids, they avoid school holidays like the plague. Opting instead for times where they will be cruising with a more seasoned group.

Secondly, why are you trying to "meet" someone on a cruise? Chances are they will be no where near you and even if you try to carry on LDR are hard. You would do better to meet someone thought Match.com or similar that also likes cruising and arrange for you both to be on the same one for a meet up. That actually sounds fun.

Third, many, myself included go on cruises to relax and not worry about anything. TBH trying to meet someone for a relationship just doesn't sound relaxing and therefore I don't think something many are actively looking for onboard.

If you are serious, you need to take it seriously by joining something like this(not mine so no self promotion) and being active in it. Otherwise waiting for the luck of the draw unless you are a totally hot and outgoing single chick is going to be hard to do randomly

http://www.singlescruise.com/articles.php?how-singles-find-love-at-sea

My thoughts are that you are being unrealistic.

Firstly, most singles tend to avoid traveling during schools off time. I am single, as are some of my friends and unless they have kids, they avoid school holidays like the plague. Opting instead for times where they will be cruising with a more seasoned group.

Secondly, why are you trying to "meet" someone on a cruise? Chances are they will be no where near you and even if you try to carry on LDR are hard. You would do better to meet someone thought Match.com or similar that also likes cruising and arrange for you both to be on the same one for a meet up. That actually sounds fun.

Third, many, myself included go on cruises to relax and not worry about anything. TBH trying to meet someone for a relationship just doesn't sound relaxing and therefore I don't think something many are actively looking for onboard.

If you are serious, you need to take it seriously by joining something like this(not mine so no self promotion) and being active in it. Otherwise waiting for the luck of the draw unless you are a totally hot and outgoing single chick is going to be hard to do randomly

http://www.singlescruise.com/articles.php?how-singles-find-love-at-sea

One comment, i think the bulk of people sailing out of NY harbor are from the tristate area, rarely do i talk with any people from distant locations. This is probably something unique to NY since it has a demographics in the millions as compared to lets say Miami where driven by tourists.

Not trying to sound judgemental or anything but if you are with teen kids on a cruise, why are you trying to hook up? Enjoy your single guy time with your kids.

You live in NYC. If you can't hook up with single women there, something is wrong with you.

Besides you being judgemental maybe you should read my posts, i specifically said i dont do that with my kids around!

Then why are you worried about single/solo on the ship? Much ado about nothing. :rolleyes:

Maybe i cruise solo sometimes? I asked some questions on an informational board. If you feel it's much ado about nothing don't respond., and don't respond with snide remarks without even reading all the posts.

Pretty confusing OP but I do have questions. I'm happily single. I'm traveling solo. Are meet and greets etc for anyone? Married or single or solo lol

Serious question as I dont mind meeting others but not looking for anything more.

Thanks

It will be first cruise as well. But not looking to cruise ;)

Pretty confusing OP but I do have questions. I'm happily single. I'm traveling solo. Are meet and greets etc for anyone? Married or single or solo lol

Serious question as I dont mind meeting others but not looking for anything more.

Thanks

Meet and greets are for anyone, singles,couples and families. You may might singles there esp. if you participate on this board and determine social status ahead of time. As opposed to NCL organized solo activities which are supposedly geared for solo's but of course there are no NCL police at the door.

Maybe i cruise solo sometimes? I asked some questions on an informational board. If you feel it's much ado about nothing don't respond., and don't respond with snide remarks without even reading all the posts.

I've read all the posts. The first post made very little sense. If you have some kind of point to make or have questions about NCL then make them clearer. People are telling you that you are confusing and not sure what you want to hear.

Also this guy sounds super creepy.

Dude, if you're really so obsessed about finding a boat full of desperate milfs, go book a single's cruise. I was on the BA and NCL goes out of their way to help solo cruises meet and congregate. Whether or not you get the maritime strange you seem so focused on is your business.

also this guy sounds super creepy.

Dude, if you're really so obsessed about finding a boat full of desperate milfs, go book a single's cruise. I was on the ba and ncl goes out of their way to help solo cruises meet and congregate. Whether or not you get the maritime strange you seem so focused on is your business.

++1

Thanks

When you say meet and greet, this would suggest the Cruise Critic meet up. I'm not sure this is what you actually mean, but if so then no. As stated above this is specifically for absolutely everyone. I don't ever recall there being a large number of solos at them.

If you mean the NCL organised solo meet up then this is officially for anyone sailing solo, although this is not well defined and can include singles, married people having a solo trip, simple people travelling with family or friends, and a variety of other situations.

It is unpoliced, so I know of nothing which would stop anyone turning up.

I sometimes travel solo and attend the solo meetings. Love the name solo as opposed to single as I want to meet others- not hook up. My experience is you get a combination of both - solo travelers who just want to meet people to have dinner with, hang out or do shore activities with etc. You also get those who are single, but traveling with friends or family. It's for anyone who wants to come along. It's not limited to sexual orientation either. You sometimes get people who are traveling solo and also attend the FOD group. I guess it's mainly about meeting others. Some do pair up! No strict guidelines! Sometimes the group is very large, sometimes not many. Depends on the passengers aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On my Breakaway solo, the solo coordinator grabbed the group from Maltings & brought them to the studio lounge as he preferred the closed room versus Maltings where anyone can pass through. In signing up for dinners, shows, etc. for the week it was obvious that some of the people were not solo travelers but were singles travelling with other people. Most of them didn't return. We never had the solo gathering in Maltings again - only the studio lounge & it was usually just to head out to dinner in a group. A better place to look for love would be in some of the dancing venues.