Best Way to Get to Port of Baltimore (traveling alone)

Gari

Hi All,

I am trying to decide the best and hopefully economical way to get to the Port of Baltimore for my October 9th sailing on the Pride. I live in Washington DC and of course a taxi is always an option but very expensive. I am traveling alone and have a car but have never parked near the Port and really have no idea what the best options are

any help or suggestions would be appreciate

Hi All,

I am trying to decide the best and hopefully economical way to get to the Port of Baltimore for my October 9th sailing on the Pride. I live in Washington DC and of course a taxi is always an option but very expensive. I am traveling alone and have a car but have never parked near the Port and really have no idea what the best options are

any help or suggestions would be appreciate

Parking is going to be a better (and cheaper) option than taking a taxi. It's $105 for the week and it's very convenient. Unless you have a friend or family that can drop you off, driving yourself and parking is probably going to be what you want to do.

You live so close that driving and parking in the lot is probably the easiest. I've sailed out of Baltimore several times and used their lot twice----very well organized. If you have a friend or relative to drop you off and pick you up that would be great. The next time I'm departing Baltimore is in Feb. Rather than taking a chance with the weather, we're staying at the Best Western (BWI Airport/Arundel Mills) where we'll get an included breakfast, they'll shuttle us to and from the ship, and keep the parked car for about $50 more than port parking. Enjoy your cruise!

A good tip about Baltimore is to try to bring cash for parking. The last couple times we sailed on the Pride (admittedly it was 3 years ago), there were separate lines for cash and credit, and the line for cash was always much, much shorter. More recent passengers can probably confirm whether or not that's still the case.

Edited by DCCruiser1013

I think the cheapest way would be to take a MARC train to Baltimore Penn Station, then take an Uber or Lyft from Penn Station to the cruise terminal. The MARC train is only $8, which is usually cheaper than the Amtrak regional train on that route. From Penn Station, Google Maps says it's less than five miles to the cruise terminal, so the fare on Uber or Lyft shouldn't be too expensive.

If the $105 for the week isn't a problem, definitely drive. The recommendation for bringing cash to pay is a good one. Lugging luggage around public transportation can be a pain. And when you disembark, you are quickly on your way home.

Parking for a cruise out of Baltimore is like parking at Giant for your groceries. You are right there, usually within 50 yards of the terminal. Definitely the easiest we have experienced out of six departure ports.

It's a 120 mile drive for us. On 9/29 we have our 7th cruise out of Baltimore (Carnival and RCCL). We now arrive at about 1:45 and just about walk straight on.