Adjoining rooms noise

retired067

We had an connecting cabin on the Indy (different ship, same class) a few years back, It was out first time (and last) .

As Bob said depends on your neighbours but ours liked the Tv on loud and late and we knew his name was Dave about 5 minutes after they entered their cabin as that seemed to be all his partner said to him ....all the time.

Daaave this, Daaave that :rolleyes:

Edited by Gingerbint
Spelling!

Hi, just booked an adjoining room on FOS TA, what's been your experience with noise from the other room. Are the doors more sound proof than land hotels.

Thanks

I recently had an adjoining room on Adventure. The first two nights when the occupants of the adjoining cabin returned between 10 and 11 pm, there was loud arguing. Lasted between 5 and 10 minutes but that was still more than I cared to hear. On the third night as I was getting dressed for dinner, they were in their cabin and I turned my tv loud. I think that made them realize that their shouts at night were easily heard in my cabin. :p

I never heard them argue again and never again will I have an adjoining cabin!:(

Hi, just booked an adjoining room on FOS TA, what's been your experience with noise from the other room. Are the doors more sound proof than land hotels.

Thanks

We will never book that type of room because you will hear noises you may not want to hear.

I'm in the camp of never again will I book an adjoining cabin. The one time we did had both good and bad points.

The bad: Only slept 4 or 5 hours a night because of all the noise and TV until 2 or 3 in the morning.

The good: We got to hear a newly wed couple have very loud discussions on how much he drank, how much he gambled, how he slept with her sister, how she was spending too much money, and a few words we never had heard used in that particular sequence. Got to hear lots of sound effects like things being thrown, stomping around, door slamming, and make up sex. We also saved the electricity by just listening to their TV instead of using ours.

So no more adjoining cabins even if they do provide additional entertainment. And yes we did call the desk and someone would come up to talk with them but that only lasted about 20 or 30 minutes then they were back at it.

In the end we just made the best of it and adjusted our schedules. Life is an adventure.

Edited by Karter

Every one has a different tolerance level for noise, unfortunately I am a light sleeper. After 2 horrible experiences I would not book cabin with connecting door. I probably overreact and also do not book a cabin near connecting cabins since in my experience those are often booked by folks traveling together and there is a lot of back and forth in the hallway. As a single lady I also don't feel safe. I book my cruises as soon as they open so I can be pretty choosy. I will go with the flow on a cruise unless someone is totally disrespectful of me by their rudeness.

By the way I am finding it more common for land hotels to only have rooms with connecting doors.I call the hotel before booking with them.

Contacted Guest Services about our loud neighbors and someone arrived with blankets that were placed between the doors which helped a lot. But, even with quite neighbors I would not book a connecting cabin because some cabins get shorted a piece of furniture, i.e. chair instead of a sofa.

I had a connecting room on Oasis. I was in a JS next to a Balcony. It was quite noisy. I don't think our neighbors were overly loud, but we could hear a lot, sometimes whole words other times muffled sounds. And we could always hear the TV. Only time I've ever had a noise problem on a ship.

We will never book that type of room because you will hear noises you may not want to hear.

One time at Bally's in Vegas my wife and I listened two guys arguing with two hookers over pricing and services for about 45 minutes, then quiet for a few minutes, then arguing again over whether they still got paid when one of the guys failed to "show up."

Probably one of the oddest and funniest things I've ever heard through the connecting doors.

Edited by OSUZorba

Had connected rooms (ocean view balcony) on Allure because that was all that was left, and we'll never do it again. Heard their bathroom door slam throughout every single night. Ended up using a static noise machine app on my phone to help drown out the noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wonder if we once had the same neighbours as meadowlander.

We've had two adjoining rooms, both guarantees. One was disastrous with screaming matches late each night. We're broad minded but the language made us blush.

It's the risk you take with GTYs and we'd never voluntarily pick one.