Soooo disappointed

Having just returned from a week on the Spirit, we couldn't help comparing it to our cruise in June on the Celebration. It looked very tired and dated in a lot of the areas. The vibration wasn't as bad as the Celebration but I missed the comfy loungers on the sun deck. The gala night dinner was disappointing. Salmon or beef slices. It reminded me of how the food used to be on the other ships before the recent improvements. The only time the food was hot was in Sirocco's. Our 2 waiters, Harly and Joseph were excellently and Mario kept our glasses filled. Henry and Vitility kept our cabin spick and span. Entertainment hosts were not up to the standard that we have experienced on the other ships but that is IMO. Wouldn't book the Spirit again unless the itinerary was one I wanted to do. Looking forward now to the Majesty at New Year and the Discovery at the end of February. Finally, we weren't recognised as repeat customers. Surprise surprise.

Edited by Chaffesbird
Bad grammar

Very surprised, I was on the Spirit in July and back on again in 4 weeks time, entertainment was amongst the best I have seen on any Thomson cruises I have been on and no complaints of the food choices or how hot the food was, did you raise your concerns on board, I am sure the waiters would go out of their way to accommodate you, nothing is ever too much trouble for them.

Been on the Spirit end of July, fantastic food and service, gave the Majesty its second and final chance last November and will never go on it again unless it was offered at a ridiculous cheap price, does not come anywhere near the standard of Spirit and Celebration.

We had no complaints about the service we received in with the buffet or MDR. The buffet food was always lukewarm but that is our usual experience with buffets. The MDR was also buffet service for breakfast and, again, the food wasn't very hot. Yes I did mention to our waiters that the food wasn't hot but there wasn't a lot they could do. We did have a lovely week and we booked for the itinerary mainly. The ship is going back to Louis next year so it is doubtful we will book on her again.

Edited by Chaffesbird

Have to agree with Chaffesbird

Went on The Spirit in June a fantastic week old friends Sheldon and Nick looked after us in the dinning room really enjoyed the show team one of the best in 25 Thomson cruises but food wasn't the best even Shrocos!! Still had a good time. Arrived back last Thursday from the Celebration Had far better food didn't have one bad meal and had the special deal in the three Mistrals, Hot stones and Kora la all lovely meals great value. Love Top man as always but show team disappointing but just my opinion lovely people but didn't gel as well as the great team on the Spirit ( Although someone correct me if I'm wrong but not sure if Lee, Barcley, Tom, Liv, Ashley, Georgia and co are still on The Spirit) You can't please everyone and I feel for me 100% Celebration food and Itinery this year but Spirits show team (June) This year for me!!!