Carnival Triumph November 7-11

ts2wart

Hi, I will be sailing on the Triumph on November 7 and hope you all can answer some of my questions. I am sure these are repeated somewhere in all of these posts but some of the answers are from several years ago and hoping someone has more recent information. I will be travelling solo and this is my second cruise. My first was in April on NCL Escape. I really enjoyed it but wanted a different boat/experience this time.

My first question is your thoughts on the Carnival Shuttle from the New Orleans airport to port. Cost? Do you have to wait for the bus to fill up and I assume that can take some time. How is that compared to a taxi as far as price? I won't be in a huge hurry as my flight arrives early.

My second question is about the dining times. I am in the My Time (I think that's what it's called) and on my boarding documents it refers to 8:15. Does that mean I can eat anytime before 8:15 or I can only eat at 8:15?

Also, I was late to book as I can up with the idea last minute so my room selection was limited, which is ok with me since I don't plan to be in it much. But any idea how you can go about getting an upgrade either before or at boarding? Not sure how this works and it's not a deal breaker, just something i am considering. Solo travellers sometimes don't get much choice unless rooms are still available.

So thanks in advance.....apologize for the repeats if you've read these questions a million times. :)

We were just off Triumph and loved her!

I believe you may have late dining since that is when it sets at 8:15. I would call carnival to make sure. We had ATD and ours started at 5:45.

If you want to upgrade cabins I would call beforehand as I think they no longer upgrade the day of. We booked our cabin a year out and except for a few cabins the ship was sold out a month before it sailed!

Can't help you w transfers. Sorry

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, I will be sailing on the Triumph on November 7 and hope you all can answer some of my questions. I am sure these are repeated somewhere in all of these posts but some of the answers are from several years ago and hoping someone has more recent information. I will be travelling solo and this is my second cruise. My first was in April on NCL Escape. I really enjoyed it but wanted a different boat/experience this time.

My first question is your thoughts on the Carnival Shuttle from the New Orleans airport to port. Cost? Do you have to wait for the bus to fill up and I assume that can take some time. How is that compared to a taxi as far as price? I won't be in a huge hurry as my flight arrives early.

My second question is about the dining times. I am in the My Time (I think that's what it's called) and on my boarding documents it refers to 8:15. Does that mean I can eat anytime before 8:15 or I can only eat at 8:15?

Also, I was late to book as I can up with the idea last minute so my room selection was limited, which is ok with me since I don't plan to be in it much. But any idea how you can go about getting an upgrade either before or at boarding? Not sure how this works and it's not a deal breaker, just something i am considering. Solo travellers sometimes don't get much choice unless rooms are still available.

So thanks in advance.....apologize for the repeats if you've read these questions a million times. :)

The transfers are $23.50 per person one way and $47.00 per person round-trip. I have never done the transfers so I can't answer what it is like.

If you want an upgrade you will have to call Carnival and see what they have left. You will have to pay for it. Sometimes, Carnival will call you a couple of days before and offer you an upgrade at a lower price. Upgrades will likely be very limited or not available on the ship.

As for dining, if it says 8:15 on your dining, that is the time that you selected. You must not have selected "My Time". You can change that by going to "Manage My Booking", under My Dining Time, it should say edit, and you can edit your time there, or you can call Carnival.

Have a great cruise!

I was on the Carnival Triumph last month and used an Uber driver from the airport to the cruise port. Loved it! There was 4 of us and it was $33.00 total including tip for everyone. We used it for the return trip also. You just have to download the Uber app to your phone, then after getting your luggage, request a driver. It tells you how long until there will arrive (we waited 3 minutes), the color and type of car they drive along with a picture and name of the driver. Then after they drop you off, you just go on your app and pay for the shuttle. You can also get a coupon for your first shuttle and get $15.00 off your bill! So our trip to the cruise port was $18.00 and the return was $33.00.

I'm going on Triumph on Oct 29 so can't answer specifics about the ship yet :) but as far as dining goes. You are set for late dining not anytime dining. Meaning you will need to show up for the 8:15 dining each night. If you want anytime sign into your cruise account on Carnivals website and edit your dining time and request anytime dining. You may be waitlisted this close to cruise time but might get lucky and get it.

As far as your room goes, if you want a better room you will have to pay for it. Go online and do a mock booking. See if there's a room that you like better that's available and what the price difference is. Prices may have come down since you booked. If they have you might be able to upgrade without paying too much of a difference, if the ship is pretty much booked though you will be out of luck. Chances of getting a cheap upgrade call are pretty slim and they typically don't let you change rooms on the ship because they usually sail full. So unless there's a real issue with your room and they have to move you, you have to stay put once you are on board. If you want to change, do it as soon as you see a room you want is open. People cancel and change rooms all the time so keep looking.

Shuttles usually fill before they leave so you may have to sit a couple of hours if you are on an early flight, it all depends on how many people are on the flights coming in around your time. Uber with a coupon if you haven't used it will be faster and cheaper like mentioned.