10 Cabins - Group Booking or Individual Booking?

ForSharonB

Yikes! Sounds like they put you all in Guarantee cabins. That could be why it appears cheaper than what you see on Carnival (maybe you are checking rates where you pick your own cabin?).

No they didn't.

Until the Group is finalized with everyone paid in full and the amenities assigned, any individual booking within the Group that's looked up on the Carnival.com Cruise Manager will show as a TBA. The emailed individual confirmation will always have the cabin number.

Guarantees are not eligible for a Group Booking.

No they didn't.

Until the Group is finalized with everyone paid in full and the amenities assigned, any individual booking within the Group that's looked up on the Carnival.com Cruise Manager will show as a TBA. The emailed individual confirmation will always have the cabin number.

Guarantees are not eligible for a Group Booking.

So you still get to pick your cabin number or does the TA do that?

Sound great! So booking as a group, got you a discounted fare?

I've heard mention of "points" for other perks, such a cocktail hour or OBC. Is your group eligible for those as well? If so, did your TA tell you how that is calculated? Thx!

So, not sure how it all came about but the fare was and continues to be lower than anything I can find published and we are eligible for adjustments due to fare reductions.

When my travel agent arranged the original booking with Carnival, she told me I have X# of amenity points. She explained how it worked and I researched online for myself as well and found this. Note that this is dated 2013 but I was unable to find anything more recent and it aligns with what my TA told me.

For years I heard all kinds of things about the coordinator getting a free cruise for certain number of cabins, a reduced rate, etc. However, I believe all of that has changed over the year.

While I have not made the final decision yet, I will do so early next year as we have a better indication of our group size to provide "surprises" for my guests using the amenity points.

Edited by sk84fungirl