Loved the Dawn!

This was our first cruise in 25 years. We took the NCL Dawn out of NY to Florida and Nassau. Everything was top rate! The meals were spectacular. Our favorite restaurant was the Venetian with the spectacular view off the back of the ship. We also enjoyed Impressions!

We went Mexican the last night and really enjoyed ourselves.

The staff were friendly and went out of their way to please. The sounds from the piano below made for a wonderful atmosphere! We were not impressed with the Italian restaurant, it's the garden cafe by day and with a few shades drawn an Italian restaurant. The food was good but we heard the clanging and banging of the pots and pans all night which ruined the romance. The shows were all top notch entertainment! I took in a few Art auctions as well. We had a room with a balcony and it was well worth it! There's so much to see and do on the ship. Make sure you go to the Star bar for 2 for $4.50 martinis. It's a nice quiet place to relax.

If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the pool crowd pull up a chair beyond the Bimini bar near the Jacuzzi and front of the ship. We lounged all afternoon on our way back up the coast from Nassau after a day of shopping!

Welcome to the rapidly growing list of Dawn affectionatos. If you enjoyed her 7 day cruise, you must try her 10 and 11 day cruises. We also liked the ambiance of dining in Salsa and listening to the music from the atrium. We look forward to returning to the Dawn again in January. Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you had such a great time! We too loved the Dawn. I didn't know about those martooni specials, I'll have to remember that the next time I cruise on her. Wonder if they have that on the Spirit! We found that after the 7-day cruise we realized we'd not gotten to do some of the things we'd meant to--not enuf time ... guess that means we need another trip on the Dawn. :)

Glad you enjoyed the Dawn. Welcome to the pleasant addiction! The 9/11 Dawn cruise was our second cruise and our most enjoyable. Well, the 10/2002 cruise on the Celebrity Zenith was our honeymoon cruise so I'll call that our most memorable! My husband is all set to plan another cruise for next year!

I loved my Dawn cruise, too. I was a little hesitant to rebook her just because, to me, it's not the greatest itinerary. But now that it appears that the Dawn will be sailing to Bermuda next year, I am definitely reconsidering.

I'm glad you had such a great time! We too loved the Dawn. I didn't know about those martooni specials, I'll have to remember that the next time I cruise on her. Wonder if they have that on the Spirit! We found that after the 7-day cruise we realized we'd not gotten to do some of the things we'd meant to--not enuf time ... guess that means we need another trip on the Dawn. :)

Well, Greenie, we sailed the Dawn twice...still didn't do it ALL.

Where were you when I was having my matoonies? Were you at the marguerita bar in Salsas?

I didn't even have a Cosmo! Martinis were great!

Don't miss the Martini clinic on whatever ship you sail;)

Suesan ~ you'd better keep a watch on your 2/12 crew..they're getting out of hand:)

Hi,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise with the Dawn...I was a little hesitant at first. Only because my dh and I were having our first cruise and it was a 10 day one at that.. You know what? We loved it so much we're doing another cruise in 2007. The only problem is he's talking about doing another one in 2006...I think he needs to go to CCA (cruise critics annoyomous (sp) ) but then he would think I would need to go :eek: and I can't do that lol

So do you have any plans on any other right away?

Jaup2

WE too loved dining at Salsa with the piano music in the background. Also loved a quite before dinner Martini in the Star Bar. They had two Martini clinics on our sailing and I still managed to miss both:mad: don't know how I could have let that happen. :D

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Archived