Galveston Port Parking

tc1177

Haven't used that one but have used Park N Cruise and VIP Galveston Parking. They both have indoor parking available and both are right across the street from the terminals. It is really nice to not have to wait on a shuttle to pick you up.

Hope this helps.

We're looking at Galveston Park n Cruise for indoor parking. Anyone use this facility? If so, can you provides details about the garage? For example, what time should you arrive to get a decent spot? Are the spaces close together? Was your car damaged in any way when you returned?

Thank you in advance for the info....

We're looking at Galveston Park n Cruise for indoor parking. Anyone use this facility? If so, can you provides details about the garage? For example, what time should you arrive to get a decent spot? Are the spaces close together? Was your car damaged in any way when you returned?

Thank you in advance for the info....

The parking spots are pretty close together but they help you park and we never had a problem with any damage. You park it yourself and when the building is full they lock it.

You will probably need to reserve a spot because they fill up pretty far out, I believe. If you just drive up, you will not be able to get a spot. We normally arrive about 10:00.

There is another one called VIP Galveston Cruise Parking that is right on the corner by the red light. It is a little closer than Park N Cruise. They are indoor parking as well. They do cost a little more but it seemed to me that the parking slots were somewhat wider.

Hope this helps and have a great cruise!

Carol, Thanks for your response... This whole parking thing has me so nervous because DH and I are very picky about where we park our cars. We're the park way in the back of the lot kind of people so trying to find the right space is challenging.

Carol, Thanks for your response... This whole parking thing has me so nervous because DH and I are very picky about where we park our cars. We're the park way in the back of the lot kind of people so trying to find the right space is challenging.

From our experience, you don't get to pick your parking space. They just direct you to the next spot. They might let you park in a different place if you ask them. They are very nice at both places.

I hope it works out to your satisfaction.

• 4 weeks later...

We are parking in the cruise parking lot A or B. It is where we have always parked. It has been several years since I have used it. In the past they wanted you to drop off your luggage at the ship then park and shuttle back to the cruise terminal. Then the last cruise they said to drive to the cruise parking lot and they loaded passengers and all of their luggage and took us to the terminal. So, which way are they doing it now? I figure whatever I do will be wrong. It is faster to go straight to the parking lot.

Thanks!

Karen