If You're on the 11/10 Zenith 4-nt...

Mysteryreader

... and hear any update about the itinerary, will you please post it here?

According to the CC news section, Cozumel will not be reopening to cruise ships until 10/14 which means Zenith will not be going there. (Frankly, I wonder whether 10/14 is too early.) I will be contacting my TA to see if there is any news from X, but in the past I've noticed that someone in this group is likely to have the news about 60 sec after X makes a decision <g> so please share.

M/R

Just found out (quite by accident that our itinerary is now

Miami

day at sea

Grand Cayman

Day at sea

miami

Not liking this at all. Expected changes but still expected 2 ports with Mami NOT being one of them. Bought this cruise as a birthday gift to sister and son who have never cruised before. Was looking forward to 2 ports to show them a great time in. Wonder if we will recive any type of compansation ( Start shooting arrows at my back) not looking for something for nothing but this is not what I purchused. Just sent Celebrity an e-Mail asking that question and expressed my dissapointment in not being kept informed. Their web site does not even list the changes. you have to attempt to buy shore excersions to find out where you are going. And what about those port charges????? Not doing one of them. It is way to late to change our plans now. Can't even get shore excersions on line at this late date. Yes I tried. Won't be credited back cost of excersions already bought untill after the cruise. This per the Captian's Club rep. ( at least story i recived) Others may be getting a differant answer. Will i get an answer? Probably not. Sound a little angry??? You bet. I have 9 days to cool down

grace m

How did you find this out? I called my TA and emailed Celebrity and have not gotten any word on what is going on. I wonder why they are cutting out Key West? I agree with you that they should compensate for this since we were suppose to get two ports, not one...and I wonder why they won't refund the money we spent on shore excursions in Cozumel.

If true, this is not going to please dh at all. Dh is not a big fan of days at sea so this is not going to go over well. Our primary reason for choosing this cruise over others was the stop in Key West. I was hoping for Key West then Costa Maya. So much for second-guessing X.

I guess I'd better start researching Grand Cayman.

Thanks for replying.

M/R

I was hoping for the exact same thing - it seems like that is what other cruise lines are doing =- substituting a different Mexican port for Cozumel. I guess too many ships were trying to do the same thing :confused: ...This is our first cruise and we are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. Hope the hubby doesn't get too sea sick with the extra day at sea.

Just got off the phone with Celebrity and we are indeed only calling on Georgetown, Grand Cayman. We will be there on Saturday from 8 AM - 4PM. There is no compensation. She thought I should get the refund for the shore excursion on Cozumel - but I bet I won't see that until later. I'm disappointed - but hope we still have a good time.

Don't take me wrong I love sea days. I did not however buy this cruise with me in mind. i was considering how to give my sister and son the max in a limited amount of time. We will still have a nice time. Time with the two of them is very important to me. I however have a problem of EXAMPLE: buying a Hummer and having them deliver a Geo and charging me the same price. I also have a problem with paying port charges for a port we are not going to. I do understand why they are not refunding us on the Cosamel and Key west excersions untill after the cruise is over. Its call intrest, they recive intrest on our money and while some might think that the intrest on $700 would not be worth it to them think of it as every cabin on that ship. That ends up to be lots of dollars. And I am paying intrest on my credit card as well. i am also upset at Celebrity for keep us in the dark for so long ( I am not a mushroom). Other cruise lines have posted changes well in advance and ARE compensating for the changes. My travel agent (large internet one) did not even have this information untill I called them and they investigated (spelling). I also called Celebrity 2 days ago and was told that our itinerary had not changed from the orginal.

Thanks for letting me vent. See you all on board.

grace m

I am a travel agent and I am going on this cruise with a group of 26 ladies. I too am disappointed that we are only going to one port, but I feel that Celebrity is doing its best to accommodate. Grand Cayman is a lovely port and easy to get around even without pre-set plans. I called last evening and was told that the change had just been made one hour before my inquiry. They do not send out info, it is up to us in the travel business to inquire and keep our clients informed. Thanks Rebecca

This is a bit disconcerting, because I'm on the 11/5/05 sailing and am really looking forward to going back to Key West.

I called Captain's Club after reading this thread earlier this afternoon, and was told that our sailing does not show any change in itinerary ( Sea day, Grand Cayman, sea day, Key West)

I will be home on the 10th and will report back.

My TA called me this morning, and it's posted on the X website. Sil is thrilled b/c she's always wanted to go to GC but thought she'd have to be on a longer cruise. There's no word yet on hrs or how long we'll be in port.

Since we'll now have two sea days, I hope there will be sufficient enrichment programs to cover the time.

M/R

We are on Zenith on 12/22. I too, am anxious to hear what the actual ports will be. I do wish that Celebrity did a better job of communicating either by web site or notifying cruisecritic.com.

For those of you going to Grand Cayman, we were there March 26th, I loved it. We shopped in the morning, then went on the Nautilus semi-submersible. The port was busy; but the sub was pretty empty. Great views out the windows, lots of wildlife to sea, the one guy fed enormous fish right outside the windows. Then we donned snorkle gear and snorkled off the stern. Those big fish were still swimming around. So, "up close and personal" that I tucked my hands in my life vest lest the fish think I was holding "fishy snacks". If you did not care to snorkle, you could stay below in A/C and watch out the windows; or sit on the deck and soak up some sun. We enjoyed it.

So maybe there are excursions available that you can buy on shore. This one had a booth where the tender ships docked. I will be happy to go back to G.C. This time I would hit the beaches. I know most people like to "play with the sting rays" but no thanks.

Those of you going on Zenith sooner; please fill us in when you get back home, you are probably our best source of information.

Archived