Crown Class L312

UK Cruiser2

That cabin would not be my first choice but the worst point is that you are close to the smoking section and will probably get hit with the smell if you go outside at the nearest exterior door to your cabin. You are also close to the Mermaid's Tail Bar but that will probably be closed at night so that may have no impact.

However, we've chosen cabins a bit further forward from yours on the Lido deck a couple of times and really enjoyed them. They provide very easy access to the pool, buffet and Trident Grill.

Every cabin has its pluses and minuses. It's better than staying home!

That cabin would not be my first choice but the worst point is that you are close to the smoking section and will probably get hit with the smell if you go outside at the nearest exterior door to your cabin. You are also close to the Mermaid's Tail Bar but that will probably be closed at night so that may have no impact.

However, we've chosen cabins a bit further forward from yours on the Lido deck a couple of times and really enjoyed them. They provide very easy access to the pool, buffet and Trident Grill.

Every cabin has its pluses and minuses. It's better than staying home!

I was told that smoking area was a deck higher on deck 16, obviously they were wrong. So is mermaids Tail a bar,not a buffet ? Have never been on Crown Class before.

I was told that smoking area was a deck higher on deck 16, obviously they were wrong. So is mermaids Tail a bar,not a buffet ? Have never been on Crown Class before.
Mermaid's Tail is a bar. There used to be smoking on the port side of Lido deck but for the last several years there has been no smoking in that area on Lido deck on the cruises we have been on. There has been smoking allowed one deck up on Sun deck on the port side of the Tradewinds Bar.

We have not had cabins on Lido deck but there can be a lot of foot traffic by your cabin as people come from the forward stairs/elevators to go to the pool area.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

Mermaid's Tail is a bar. There used to be smoking on the port side of Lido deck but for the last several years there has been no smoking in that area on Lido deck on the cruises we have been on. There has been smoking allowed one deck up on Sun deck on the port side of the Tradewinds Bar.

We have not had cabins on Lido deck but there can be a lot of foot traffic by your cabin as people come from the forward stairs/elevators to go to the pool area.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks. I had considered the foot traffic but as mentioned in my first post there is no alternative cabin just hoping the majority of people use the midship or aft lifts. Princess have confirmed what you say that the smoking area is now one deck up from Lido on that side.

Thanks. I had considered the foot traffic but as mentioned in my first post there is no alternative cabin just hoping the majority of people use the midship or aft lifts. Princess have confirmed what you say that the smoking area is now one deck up from Lido on that side.

That's good to know for the next time we book that class of ship. Actually, I had friends who used to book L312 because they were smokers and it was a quick trip outside.

If that's not a factor, everything else I mentioned in my earlier post is really minor. Although, sometimes I have to admit that being so close to the Trident Grill is a bit too much temptation!:D

Booked L-311 (other side of ship) last year on the Ruby. My biggest concern was heavy traffic from the elevators which was not a problem. My only complaint would be the heavy footed walkers from above. That got old fast. Other than that the room is in a great spot to grab a quick snack or drink! Never smelled smoke.