Paradise Review

gene g

Paradise 5 days sept. 12 to sept. 17 2016 This was our 13th cruise and first Platinum cruise. Getting on the ship was very fast, went right to the cabin ( on deck 4) to leave our carry ons. the cabin was very cold so I turn off the a/c (the cabin was cold the hold cruise with the a/c off) then we went to deck 10 to get some food, I find that the food was just fair, not as good as our other cruises, I do like my oatmeal but every morning it was just warm and when you put some milk on it it was cold. To me the music was very bad no band. I did enjoy the shows. All the workers was very nice and hard workers that made me enjoy the cruise better. I hope our next cruise will be better. Calvyn the cd was great.

I was on the same sailing and found our cabin to be very cold as well. (U97-Grand Suite) Food is subjective but found it to be comparable to past cruises. Crew was great. The weather was fantastic, in fact this was the smoothest cruise I've ever taken. The only time I felt any movement was on the last morning upon docking in Tampa. My only complaints are the bacon is never cooked enough and they were doing quite a bit of painting around the elevators and the smell was overpowering. Shows were okay... Embarkation and debarkation was smooth and easy. This was the second time sailing on the Paradise and look forward to sailing on her again. I would rate this voyage as a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10... :)

We went on Paradise out of Tampa and that was the cruise that made us decide that we'll never cruise with Carnival again. People were leaving in the middle of the shows, food was awful to the point that we got sick, and our room was absolutely filthy.

The ship went to drydock shortly after we cruised, so maybe things have changed, but even though it takes us only an hour to drive to the port of Tampa, I would rather drive over to Miami or Fort Lauderdale and cruise on something other than Carnival. Paradise was definitely not paradise for us.