OK guys...need input on certificates needed to travel...

MamaParrotHead

mom and her fiancee are going on the 12/25 Miracle. They booked "too close to comfort" in regards to obtaining a passport, and she's wondering what she specfically needs in terms of documentation. She's been married and divorced twice. We know she needs original BC and photo ID..what else does she need to document how she went from being "Sharon H" to "Sharon R" (and she was a.k.a. "Sharon S" in between, LOL). marriage certificates? divorce decrees? do they need to be original as well, or can copies suffice? She called Carnival, who told her to call Immigration, and the person she spoke with at Immigration didn't really "get" what she was talking about. I told her I'd just put up a post here and I *knew* someone would have an answer, LOL. :)

Thanks!

Certified copy of birth certificate and photo ID....that's it until the new passport requirements go into effect. I've cruised married, divorced, and remarried with my original birth certificate or the birth certificate from my adoption and a driver's license. Just make sure the name on the photo ID matches the name on the cruise docs.

Just her certified BC and Photo ID will be sufficient for now. I've been married 2 other times and had the alias name in between too!

We just got our passports so we don't have to hastle with all that anymore. You can actually 'expedite' your passport by paying an extra $60 per passport. We got ours in 19 days, so that might be the way to go...she won't 'have to have' a passport to go crusing until December 31, 2006...

I have lost my original B/C and I am getting a certified copy that is ok isn't it?:confused:

Sure. As long as it's an official state-issued certified copy. Some states still use the raised state seal on their copies; others use the state watermark paper. All good.

First time cruise - you'll have a wonderful time! I remember my first cruise in the 80s and it will always be my BEST. Such excitement - and the planning is half the fun. Just don't stress over it. Come here and ask all the questions you need to.

Archived