Transfering an existing booking to a TA

TechKnowBabble

There's no rush to transfer your booking. Make sure your TA knows about your onboard credit, cabin number, etc. so that he/she can verify that they transferred over. Your booking is not a new booking when you transfer, it's the same one, so normally there is no problem.

Hi Techknowbabble,

You will retain your on board credit as long as they do not change your booking number. If you transfer your booking to another TA make sure the booking number remains the same and you should still be recieving what you purchased.

petert

Trying to make sense here....

If I transfer my booking to a local TA from Costco...will she get paid for taking care of my cruise or only Costco get that commision?

I am still not sure if I must stick with Costco? If i transfer to a local agent, I am not sure if she would be happy to handle or give free perks if she gets nothing out of it since it was booked through Costco.

Anyone did buy cruise from Costco? How did it go, etc? The reason we did through Costco was due to free $425 free gift Costco card per quad cabin (we stuff 8 of us into two quad cabins LOL) and that is worth at least 4 food shopping trips to Costco! Plus...the cost of cruise total subtract $850gift cards equal LOWER total cruise cost overall compare to several other cruise quotes I have researched.

However, I would like to get extra free perks etc in case price goes down or we can get upgrade...am I better off with a local TA? Thanks for any response!

Lori,

I booked our upcoming Panama Canal cruise thru Costco because they offered the same "Happy Hour" pricing as everyone else, plus we get the Costco gift card. If you shop at Costco on a regular basis, which I do, getting the gift card is comparable to saving real cash!

My experience with Costco, before and after the no-more-discounting edict, has been excellent. Their agents are salaried, which I believe allows them more time to answer questions and provide insight/direction to customers.

My experience with other TA's has been mixed - some excellent and some more concerned about their commission than about your cruise experience. I found it helps if you already know the cruise you want and when you want to do it, before you start a price/perk search. These boards can be very helpful in that regard.

Hope this helps, and above all else, enjoy your cruise.

Trying to make sense here....

If I transfer my booking to a local TA from Costco...will she get paid for taking care of my cruise or only Costco get that commision?

I am still not sure if I must stick with Costco? If i transfer to a local agent, I am not sure if she would be happy to handle or give free perks if she gets nothing out of it since it was booked through Costco.

Anyone did buy cruise from Costco? How did it go, etc? The reason we did through Costco was due to free $425 free gift Costco card per quad cabin (we stuff 8 of us into two quad cabins LOL) and that is worth at least 4 food shopping trips to Costco! Plus...the cost of cruise total subtract $850gift cards equal LOWER total cruise cost overall compare to several other cruise quotes I have researched.

However, I would like to get extra free perks etc in case price goes down or we can get upgrade...am I better off with a local TA? Thanks for any response!

Lori,

Not sure, but it looks like Costco is your TA. The only way you can transfer the booking would be with Costco's written consent.

In any case, $850 in gift cards is a pretty good perk that most local TAs would be hard pressed to match. Congratulations!

Susan

Archived