lido band on Conquest

kmac30

Anyone recently off the Conquest? I am looking at the deck plan and wondering where the lido band ( the island music with the steel drum)plays? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

IF there is a steel drum band, they'd perform near the deejay booth, "above" the Lido deck pool, up on Deck 10.

I remember seeing this on a Conquest-class ship, but I can't remember if it was last October (on Conquest) or two years ago (on Freedom).

Was on her in February and I can confirm that there was a live band and they performed exactly where the previous posters mentioned. They were awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that's where the two of them play, but awesome? Two people playing along with recorded digital music is not my idea of a band, or of awesome. They were fine for a day or two, but after that it gets old, wish they had a real band, instead of only two people, so they would not need recorded music to get all the sounds necessary.

I haven't seen LIVE steel pan music on any Carnival ship in ages!

Two guys, a guitar, a keyboard, and an iPod don't cut it. :mad:

Still, *ANY* live music beats the dreadful DJs any day.

Edited by tef43

One of the major cut backs and disappointment on Carnival lately is the lack of good live entertainment. Try to find a horn on most Carnival ships ! you will search in vain. Carnival is still a good time but they could cancel their Play List entertainment and I would not miss it in the least. Cheap acts with canned music and cartoons. Not a show girl in sight.(LOL) Love the show girls. Happy cruising.