I'm going to Lurk

CaptData

Hi, I've just booked the Maasdam for Southern Caribeean 6-17 Feb 2005. I'll hold off on Hawaii for now. Has anybody sailed on Hal and Princess and compare the two for me.

MS Maasdam 6 - 17 Feb 05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;02;5;07;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until I sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

We found that HAL is a bit more on the elegant side compared to Princess. We enjoyed the food a bit more because it was more like cooking for 100 vs mass producing 2000 meals, and the service was a little more attentive.

Other than that they are pretty comparible. Each has their outstanding points.

But I think the elegant aspect would be the number one difference on the two HAL sailings we have taken compared to the 10+ Princess cruises.

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

Thank you Toto.

MS Maasdam 6 - 17 Feb 05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;02;5;07;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until I sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

I sailed the Veendam last year and just got off Golden Princess after two weeks in Southern Caribbean. I don't know how to describe it, but I felt like the Veendam was just an OK cruise. Nothing bad, just nothing particularly memorable other than the great dining room staff. If I had to pick between Princess and HAL right now, it would be no contest--it'd be Princess in a heartbeat. But I wouldn't be adverse to going on HAL again if the price and itinerary were right. It's pretty hard to have a bad cruise if you have a good attitude.

Archived