Summit cabin #7043

irishayes

I have booked this cabin through an online travel agency.

i got an AMAZING rate on this balcony cabin--hundreds of dollars less than they were being offered elsewhere.

I originally didn't think too much of it, but now I'm wondering if this is an undesirable cabin in some way. I asked questions when I first booked in, and I know it is near an elevator. i do not think this will be a problem on this cruise as there are typically not a lot of younger, wild partiers on Celebrity out of San Juan.

But I'm wondering if anyone has stayed in this cabin who can reassure me that I, indeed, got a great deal and will love the room?

Have no fear, it should be a quiet room. We have stayed in 8043 & 8039, one deck above yours, & never heard noise from the elevators. We've stayed in similar rooms near the elevators on other ships & never had a noise problem.

Very convenient to the theater & Revelations Lounge, but a bit of a walk to the Oceanview Cafe & the MDR.

We like Summit a lot! Enjoy your cruise.

Your cabin door is around the corner from the stairs/elevators - big difference from 7041 which directly faces the foot traffic on the stairs and elevator doors. You might hear someone who is talking loudly in that area, but that can happen anywhere. You will have slightly more foot traffic outside your door as people exit the stairs/elevators and walk to their rooms, but you should not experience any mechanical or constant noise.

You are correct that the typical passenger is older and more reserved. What week are you sailing?

Also, if you do experience some hallway noise, the best trick is to sleep with your balcony door open so you can hear the surf!

Another benefit to being Forward is that you are only 3 flights down from the adults-only pool!

You are going to love it!

We are going Jan 7-14, 2017. I guess the cynical part of me was just thinking there's no way I got this great of a deal. There must be something wrong with this room. I was wondering if it has a partial obstruction, but I can't find any evidence of that. I guess I should just relax and pat myself on the back for the great deal I got it right?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

My husband and I have done this exact cruise on the summit back in 2011, but I can't remember what cabin we stayed in. That was our first cruise ever ( I'm not counting the 1986 Premier Cruise. What a fiasco that was) and we thoroughly enjoyed the ship and the itinerary.

When my cruise agent was booking our cabin, she told us the balconies in level 7 had partially blocked views due to the lifeboat placement. I would check about this if I were you. Usually you can change to any available room in your price level. We will be in room 8040 for the repositioning cruise out of New Jersey port to San Juan. I will do a report after our cruise in a few weeks.

We are going Jan 7-14, 2017. I guess the cynical part of me was just thinking there's no way I got this great of a deal. There must be something wrong with this room. I was wondering if it has a partial obstruction, but I can't find any evidence of that. I guess I should just relax and pat myself on the back for the great deal I got it right?

You won't have an obstructed view. Find a photo of the port side of the Summit. Your cabin will be on the second level of balconies (above the lifeboats) and three cabins to the left of the forward "hump" (angled cabin). Balcony decks are 6, 7, 8, and 9. Great spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, I just called Celebrity and verified, no obstructions. Also verified there are no other veranda cabins available.

Boy, did I luck out! Got a rate of $849/pp for a veranda cabin, Classic Beverage package and $300 onboard credit. Plus the travel agency gave me $150 onboard credit.

Can't. Wait.

• 1 month later...

The wife and I where in 7041 2 years ago and loved that cabin.There was no noise at all from the elevators or people waiting for them.Just booked the Summit again for Nov2017 ,this will be our third time on her as we really like that ship.