Matthew and upcoming cruise

We are scheduled to travel to the Bahamas on the Enchantment 3-7 Oct leaving from Miami. Understanding that the hurricane path is just a prediction.

What experiences have you had sailing with a potential hurricane? If it hooks as predicted then going to the Bahamas and getting back to Miami may be difficult. Would they just have sea days in the Gulf of Mexico and maybe park at the Houston port until the storm passes?

We were on the Freedom in August 2015 when there was a hurricane coming in. It was supposed to be an eastern carribean itinerary. Royal sent me an email 10pm the night before we sailed that they changed it to western instead. We had wonderful weather and a lovely cruise.

We are on the Freedom again this Sunday, so whatever the storm makes the ship do is fine with me, as long as I'm on it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

We are scheduled to travel to the Bahamas on the Enchantment 3-7 Oct leaving from Miami. Understanding that the hurricane path is just a prediction.

What experiences have you had sailing with a potential hurricane? If it hooks as predicted then going to the Bahamas and getting back to Miami may be difficult. Would they just have sea days in the Gulf of Mexico and maybe park at the Houston port until the storm passes?

Check the RCCL website for travel alerts and itinerary changes.. Contrary to popular belief, they try to sail around or away from potential bad weather.

Based on the current projections and timing I agree you definitely will not be visiting the Bahamas next week! However, there is plenty of time to sail either West or East around this storm. My guess is that they will take you to either Cozumel or to the East visiting St. Thomas or St. Maarten.

I can pretty much guarantee they won't be taking you to the Gulk and just having you sit in port. There are many options and they have to take you to a foreign port if at all possible.

Actually, I bet they just go to Cozumel. There wouldn't be enough time to make it to St. Thomas or St. Maarten and back. You'd need an extra day because I think it's 2 days to get there. Cozumel would be just 1 sea day on either end and would be out of the path completely based on current models.