First time Thomson, what should I expect

Hi

Just booked 7 nights on Majesty 2nd December then 4 nights in a hotel in Tenerife

Have only cruised with P and O and Celebrity before so what should I expect and are there any tips for me ?

We are in an outside guarantee cabin

Thanks 😀

We have been on the same ships. With Thomson, the ships are older and do not have the same wow factor, but we always return to Thomson. The crew are much friendlier and we always seem to have more fun.

The food is just about on a par with P and O but not as good as Celebrity imo

The entertainment teams are usually excellent, depending on which show team you get and the west-end style shows are very good although I think we have seen most of them by now

On Majesty the outside+ cabins are a good size but the " normal" inside and outside cabins are small.

I'm sure that you will have a great time

Our first trip was on the Majesty in Sept 14 and we too had only sailed on P&O and Royal Caribbean previously. We are on the sailing the week before you for my wife's Birthday.She calls it the "Honey I shrunk the cruise ship" cruise because a it's a lot smaller ship but the whole crew are so much different. They are so friendly and helpful. Yes the ship is older but she is well looked after. We go with the thought we have paid half as much as we would with either of the other two companies I have mentioned so set our expectations down a little. The shows on board on our last trip on the Majesty were probably the best we have seen on any cruise. I hope you have a great time,I'm sure you will!

Thanks, that's pretty much what I was expecting and I'd forgotten I've done a short cruise on Fred Olsen so I'm guessing it might be along those lines

For what we have paid I'm just glad to be going away for some winter sun, hopefully !

We do have all inclusive included in the deal so a few cocktails and I won't worry about the size of the cabin. I'm assuming it's a proper drink package just paying for premium brands

I'm not expecting the wow factor but a happy crew goes a long way to making an enjoyable cruise, something that is lacking on P and O in my opinion

One thing though, I can't seem to navigate the Thomson website very well, I'm trying to find out about trips but I can't see anywhere I would log in to find my holiday details as when I put my booking ref in it says booking not found, we booked on the phone if that makes a difference

Edited by rubydoobydoo

I booked on line and received an email with a link the next day if I remember correctly. I was really disappointed with the service from customer service team when I phoned to choose a cabin and then we decided to upgrade.

We went on our last cruise on the Majesty to celebrate my 50th and we are returning because we had such a good time for my wife's 50th this time. We could have gone with P&O but the friendly crew on the Majesty swayed our choice.