2015 Dream Cruise

My wife and I decided to do a cruise last year for the first time.

We researched several Cruise operators and all the various facilities they provided. In the end the Thomson Cruises for us came out on top for value for money. Like all first-timer's, we were anxious what to expect.

We read all the reviews on Trip Advisors and on Cruise Critic; and as with all things in life they were some mixed reviews, but mostly all positive.

We booked it, paid for extra luggage and upgraded to an outside cabin.

I glad to say our experience was all positive. Don't get me wrong there were a few small issues, but nothing to distract from the whole cruise experience, and for the money we paid it more than exceeded our expectations.

So much so that on our return within two weeks we had booked to go on the Dream again this year Nov 2016, and the same cabin.

In truth you will always have varying opinions on any holiday or cruise you do. I always say you make it what you want it to be. We can always complain about a scratch in the paintwork on a ship, a rust spot that appears on a rail or any other issue you want to name, but nothing in life is a 100%, and if the experience overall is enjoyable, why complain about minor issues.

It is inevitable that from time-to-time unforeseen issues will arise that will affect you holiday enjoyment, in these circumstances you will feel let down, angry and resentful you ever ventured on board. At the end of the day the crew and staff are only human with their own shortfalls, which is no comfort when it happens to you.

I like the Thomson Cruises and I like the Thomson Dream. I know it's an older vessel that's had recent refurbishment, but for me that's part of it's character. But I also know it's not for everyone and that's why you need to have your own experience.:):):cool: