On board Regal Oct 1 New England sailing---

Jetswdo

Hey Seahawk: we'll be on the 10/15 sailing -- you as well? I don't know of any Princess shuttles from Manhattan, they're all from the local airports. Perhaps you need to take an Uber or cab.

We won't pass close to the Statue of Liberty but once we leave the berth, we'll have a decent view.

Hoping for clear, sunny skies.

Edited by JoRoy218

Guest arowe6
Embarkation was delayed about 1 hour--still we arrived at Brooklyn port about 10:30. On board around 12:15. Miserable rainy weather, but optimisitic any way! We had a pleasant lunch at Alfredo's. Went to our cabin. I should mention that we are a couple in our early 60's and normally will only do balcony or mini suite cabins. For this itinerary, we felt that a sideways inside cabin would be good enough, as there is only one port day and for the first time, we really will be just using the cabin to sleep, shower, and change our clothes! For sailaway, a very nice couple on roll call offered their huge balcony- Dining: We just took any time, as the buffet would work for us most of the time. For tonight, we used our included voucher at Crown Grille-- meal was excellent. We had the excellent onion soup, small but tasty lobster tails with filet minion. Exccellent service and very good meal to start off the cruise. We then went to opening show--- One show only at 9:15----Very funny comedian- and we thought the cruise director even funnier-- Marty Moss- a British fellow.

Next day: Newpor: Gray but no rain! Did Princess tour Cliff walk and the Breakers mansion-- then Touro synagogue and cemetary. Had nice lunch after at Brick Pub Cafe-- then about 20 minute tender back to the ship. Loved this port! We were so tired that we took a nap from 4:00 until 8:00--

This was formal night. We were going to go to see Brava production show but just too tired to deal with dressing up, etc. DH just grabbed a few slices of pizza to bring back to cabin. I brought on board, decaf diet coke- and this was good enough to get us through the night. I should also mention that this was the first time it just didn't pay to get beverage package. We have a couple of coffee cards left over from last cruise, which we already used a few times. We did "gift" our selves $100 to cover any sodas, mixed drinks, etc. since it would be mostly at dinner and one sea day-- and most of the time prefer just ice water anyway. Tomorrow is Boston- I will try to post tomorrow night or the next. After the cruise Oct 8, I will be happy to answer any questions the best I can. Sincerely, Anita

Boarding in a few weeks. Glad to hear you're having a great time. Do you remember any names of crew working in Crown Grill?

Thanks,

-Andrew :)

Hey Seahawk: we'll be on the 10/15 sailing -- you as well? I don't know of any Princess shuttles from Manhattan, they're all from the local airports. Perhaps you need to take an Uber or cab.

We won't pass close to the Statue of Liberty but once we leave the berth, we'll have a decent view.

Hoping for clear, sunny skies.

We will be on the 22nd sailing. Thanks for the information. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The internet didn't work very well for cruise critic postings on board the Regal. I gave up and waited until I was home to use my regular computer.

I have all the patters and will answer any questions that I can- I wish I was savvy enough to be able to post them. My computer skills are limited, sorry.

Because this ship was so port intensive, we really didn't have any time to get to know any of the crew.

A few things regarding the Regal itself. As a whole this is a beautiful ship, very similar to the Royal. The general negatives, really didn't apply for us for this sailing. When I say negatives: small elevators, that's a fact- We still managed just fine, and this was a full sold out sailing. For my husband David-

normally he likes to use the gym then use sauna/steam room whatever right after. The Royal/Regal ship only has these with the spa on a completely different deck than the gym. Also you have to purchase a week pass and can only get it by running like a nut after embarcation (he did this on Royal sailing a couple of years ago) For this trip, he just used the gym early in the am on Boston day, and once on the one sea day- and he did miss not having a convenient sauna/steam thing after.

I think the Regal has excellent entertainment on board, which I already mentioned.

Re coffee cards: We had a couple of the old style brown cards. We asked one of the International Cafe people, what the story is with these. He explained that Princess certainly will still honor them until used up, but they can't do the free brewed coffee there any more-- the one where you can use a card forever as long as there is at least one punch out left on the card. So after this cruise, we still have one full old brown coffee card left.

The other I had for years, with just 1 punch left, which I used whenever in the area for just convenience... Sadly, we used it on the first day of this cruise, and that was the end of that card.

I have to say thought, that the coffee in the buffet area was much improved. I am very picky, and for the first time, I felt that the regular coffee at the buffet was actually reasonably good. In the past, we would just go to I.C. for coffee, as the buffet coffee really was awful. This sailing, we didn't feel the need to do that.

Also, I was worried about the mattress and bedding. Well on this ship, the interior bed and bedding was really quite comfortable. The same as when we were a few months ago on the Coral in a mini suite.