Disembarked Ecstasy yesterday

ourcruiseyears

Had a wonderful time, no complaints! Mostly read, relaxed, rested. We're still amazed how often we feel like we are the only ones on board when we cruise. Lots of very quiet areas, no matter which ship we're on. We did the Chef's Table & took a morning walk on Half Moon Cay. Highly recommend the park & shuttle package with the Hampton in Mount Pleasant. Loved the ability to walk right into the Charleston cruise terminal rather than shuttle to it. Sending our thoughts & well-wishes to the back-to-backers we met that sailed out again yesterday. Would be happy to answer any questions I can.

Had a wonderful time, no complaints! Mostly read, relaxed, rested. We're still amazed how often we feel like we are the only ones on board when we cruise. Lots of very quiet areas, no matter which ship we're on. We did the Chef's Table & took a morning walk on Half Moon Cay. Highly recommend the park & shuttle package with the Hampton in Mount Pleasant. Loved the ability to walk right into the Charleston cruise terminal rather than shuttle to it. Sending our thoughts & well-wishes to the back-to-backers we met that sailed out again yesterday. Would be happy to answer any questions I can.

Thanks for the report.

Was the wind picking up any ?

No, we actually commented how earie it was for things to be so calm. Hubby & others did notice a couple of big rolls from side-to-side aboard the ship after I'd fallen asleep early. Probably sometime after 10pm (Sat) but before 1am (Sun).

Would you happen to have any extras of the deck plans they give you on the ship? We are surprising our kids with a cruise on the Ecstasy in March for a Christmas gift! I'm trying to gather little things to put in a gift bag.

Thanks!!

No, I'm sorry, we don't but what a sweet surprise for your kiddos! I'd have gladly grabbed them so I know someone else will. Perhaps request on a roll call for an upcoming Ecstasy cruise? :)

So you got to meet Chef Russel? (See sig photo) Hope you enjoyed Chef's Table as much as we have.

Glad it was a good cruise...we are seriously considering the Ecstasy for next Feb or March...a bar waiter we haven't seen in years is on the ship now:) So you left your car at the Hampton...and they shuttled you right to the terminal? Might be an idea for us. How was the Chef's Table? We've done it twice but it's been a few years...so think it's a new menu...

Here's my secret, I just call a taxi service and head to the port when I wish. It is only about 20$ and tip for two with luggage, no need to wait for the shuttle and all cram on. I keep the taxi's phone number, and have used them on all 7 other trips from Charleston.

No, I'm sorry, we don't but what a sweet surprise for your kiddos! I'd have gladly grabbed them so I know someone else will. Perhaps request on a roll call for an upcoming Ecstasy cruise? :)

I will be happy to pick some up for you. I leave the 30th!

deniserdaniels@yahoo.com

Edited by redhead82001
to give e-mail

Thanks! I may just call Carnival. I don't want to be a bother!!

So you got to meet Chef Russel? (See sig photo) Hope you enjoyed Chef's Table as much as we have.

Chef Russel was magnificent, as was Gabriel, Eddie...everyone! :) It was a pleasure to try the Chef's Table but we couldn't make a dent in anything toward the end! :o

Glad it was a good cruise...we are seriously considering the Ecstasy for next Feb or March...a bar waiter we haven't seen in years is on the ship now:) So you left your car at the Hampton...and they shuttled you right to the terminal? Might be an idea for us. How was the Chef's Table? We've done it twice but it's been a few years...so think it's a new menu...

I would encourage you to give Ecstasy a try!

We've used numerous hotel packages in Charleston & the Mount Pleasant Hampton is our favorite. Most of the employees have been working there for 16...26...plus years. They are wonderful. The location is ideal. Close to downtown & Shem Creek. Great places to walk, eat, etc. The shuttle service the Hampton used this time was Charleston Style Limo. SO NICE! The best we've ever experienced.

I'm sure the Chef's Table menu is new by now. Two words: chocolate bacon! (And I eat mostly veg! haha)

Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you. :)

Was it a 4 day or 5 day? We're booked for new years and are curious if its the regular menu or American table.

Thanks

Ours was a 5 day cruise. We had the regular menu but a woman we were speaking to that did the Chef's Table on a different night from ours said they told her that they are switching over to the American menus in January. Have a great New Years cruise! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad you hear you had a nice cruise. We had the pleasure of sailing on the Ecstasy twice and enjoyed it both times.

I'm surprised to know hairdryers are no longer available on some ships. :eek:

Edited by JimAOk1945