Hair Styling Questions

J-lynn

Please excuse my ignorance, but can anyone confirm for me what, exactly, a "Shampoo and Style Dry" consists of?

I have pre-booked and purchased this salon service for my mother and myself on my upcoming cruise (next week) for formal night. I thought it would be nice to get our hair done for the night so we would feel and look extra special. Neither of us are very "girly" and don't ever get our hair "done", only trimmed every so often. So I honestly have no experience with this. I assumed this service would include curling our hair or styling it any way we request. However, after reading through the forums, I have noticed that some people mention paying much much more than the $45 service I have booked. Now I am concerned that what I have paid for will only include a shampoo and simply drying our hair in our normal style (which is just straight and simple). Can anyone explain in better detail for me? :confused:

Please excuse my ignorance, but can anyone confirm for me what, exactly, a "Shampoo and Style Dry" consists of?

I have pre-booked and purchased this salon service for my mother and myself on my upcoming cruise (next week) for formal night. I thought it would be nice to get our hair done for the night so we would feel and look extra special. Neither of us are very "girly" and don't ever get our hair "done", only trimmed every so often. So I honestly have no experience with this. I assumed this service would include curling our hair or styling it any way we request. However, after reading through the forums, I have noticed that some people mention paying much much more than the $45 service I have booked. Now I am concerned that what I have paid for will only include a shampoo and simply drying our hair in our normal style (which is just straight and simple). Can anyone explain in better detail for me? :confused:

I have herd that as well. However when my wife did it there was no extra charge I think it was actually 5 dollars less. You will have go through what all you want with the stylist. Or do like my wife and tell them to have at it.

I can not speak for services on board but I can tell you at the shop I frequent, Shampoo and Style Dry is exactly that. Shampoo and blow dry style. If you are looking for curls or to have your hair "up" it will be more expensive. If you opt to just go with the shampoo and blow dry it will still be a nice treat for the two of you and be something special to remember about the cruise.