Galveston parking, shuttles, and hotels

Intent2smile

We are leaving on our first cruise on November 6th.

I am trying to find information about parking during the time we are gone.

I have read that there is several hotels that have shuttles and will allow you to park your car at the hotel for the week.

Does anyone know if there is a Holiday Inn in the area that offers this service?

If we cannot find one, where is the best place to park at the port. We have tons of free points for Holiday Inn so would prefer them.

Can anyone give me prices per day? I have looked on line and it seems that there is tons of different prices.

We would like to park Farley close or have a shuttle that will take us to the location. I have a really bad back so walking long distances carrying even just a carry on is tough.

For our July sailing we are staying at the La Quinta Inn West Seawall which is near the Holiday. They will allow our car to be parked there for $50. Since we are renting a car, we opted to leave at the EZ Parking Lot for $59.54 so we can get on the road as soon as possible back to IAH. They run shuttles back and forth between the lot & terminal.

There is a Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn Resort Galveston, as well as other IAH properties. Unfortunately, after doing a quick search for one night on Nov 5th, the day before your cruise, all are booked. If you're set on an IAH property, you're going to have to stay in Kemah or League City, a short distance from Galveston.

There are many parking options in Galveston. Port of Galveston parking is always available with no pre-reservations required. I've used Lighthouse Parking before and many have used EZ Cruise Parking. But, it's so close to your cruise, the latter may be already booked but you can look on their websites. You can search these forums for discount codes for the latter as well.

Edited by BlondieB

November 5 weekend is Lone Star Biker Rally along with a few hundred thousand of your closest friends.

If you are staying Galveston and find it, you better book it!

Edited by ssb

We just sailed out of Galveston for the first time and already have another cruise booked sailing from there. We LOVED sailing from Galveston.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Texas City. It took us about 15 minutes to drive to the port and the traffic was not bad at all. Nothing compared to the insanity of NOLA, if you've sailed from there before. We had a rate of, I believe, $85 for a king room and we were very satisfied. Again, we will be staying there again next year.

Since this was our first trip to Galveston, we took some time after we arrived in Texas City to drive into Galveston and find the port and our parking, as well. We also ate dinner in Galveston and had some wonderful, fresh seafood!

As for parking, we used Galveston Park & Cruise which is located directly across the street from the port which makes it super convenient. We paid $85 for covered parking for the week. Since there were two couples, we split the cost so that made it even more affordable. Here is a link for them: http://www.galvestonparkncruise.com

I hope this helps and I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

As far as parking, I can recommend Galveston Park-N-Cruise also. Not a parking deck, but several empty warehouses full of parking spaces. Keeps your vehicle out of the weather/sun for the week. Garage doors get closed and locked until the ship returns. Just across the street from cruise terminals, easy walk (with manageable amounts of luggage, of course), no shuttle service since it is so close, but golf cart type rides to your parking location are available if you want once you have crossed the street.