Classic drink package

Cinerama

If they are within these cost limits:

" choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinksup to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving"

As the picture says, this is a sample.

Edited by wallie5446

Looks like a great selection of drinks, I can certainly live with that cocktail / beer / wine collection. The only thing I sort of miss is more specialty bears - but no way I am paying $ 12 a day pp to upgrade to premium just for that.

A question - I have read somewhere that Seagrams brand sparkling water is included in the package - is this true - I prefer to drink sparkling water over regular water with my meals.

Looks like a great selection of drinks, I can certainly live with that cocktail / beer / wine collection. The only thing I sort of miss is more specialty bears - but no way I am paying $ 12 a day pp to upgrade to premium just for that.

We have upgraded on our last 3 cruises, 2 on the Equinox with the wonderful GastroBar and 35+ craft beers! One Dogfish 90 @ $11.00 out of pocket, and I can upgrade for that and have another for ZERO :D Then try all the rest for nuttin that day. Our last Equinoix cruise was the 10 day, so for $118.00 ea of our OBC we came home with a 7 page bar tab of $38.00! And that was because $27.73 was for the red wine the wifester liked, that was .59 cents a glass over the $13.00 limit. ( If we had of paid out of pocket for those 47 glasses it would have cost us $720.98 )

No way I can handle Bud, Miller, or Coors swill for 10 days any more! :eek:

We have $750.00 in OBC to find a way to use on our next cruise!

EW

Edited by wallie5446

We have upgraded on our last 3 cruises, 2 on the Equinox with the wonderful GastroBar and 35+ craft beers! One Dogfish 90 @ $11.00 out of pocket, and I can upgrade for that and have another for ZERO :D Then try all the rest for nuttin that day. Our last Equinoix cruise was the 10 day, so for $118.00 ea of our OBC we came home with a 7 page bar tab of $38.00!

EW

I would probably do the same if I had some OBC - but sadly I do not. :(

We have a classic package for the first time.

Would we be limited to one glass of wine (up to £9) during dinner or can we have a couple of glasses each, which is what we would usually do whilst dining?

No limits on how many drinks you can have. As long as there is no need for the bartender to call it off for you, you can have 1 or 10.

We upgraded because the wines on the Classic Package were not to our liking. Another thing to consider is that I occasionally like a Cognac after dinner and the better ones are over the limit. What they did was credit me for the limit of the package allowance (I think it was $12 then) and I paid the balance. This was also nice in the Cellar Masters where I could get a little wild. Sometimes they didn't bother to charge the difference. With the Classic, they didn't credit anything. I hope this policy hasn't changed and that credit is still offered.

We have upgraded on our last 3 cruises, 2 on the Equinox with the wonderful GastroBar and 35+ craft beers! One Dogfish 90 @ $11.00 out of pocket, and I can upgrade for that and have another for ZERO :D Then try all the rest for nuttin that day. Our last Equinoix cruise was the 10 day, so for $118.00 ea of our OBC we came home with a 7 page bar tab of $38.00! And that was because $27.73 was for the red wine the wifester liked, that was .59 cents a glass over the $13.00 limit. ( If we had of paid out of pocket for those 47 glasses it would have cost us $720.98 )

EW

47 glasses of wine on a 10 day cruise is 4.7 glasses per day.:) Why didn't she finish the .30 glass?:D

We upgraded because the wines on the Classic Package were not to our liking. Another thing to consider is that I occasionally like a Cognac after dinner and the better ones are over the limit. What they did was credit me for the limit of the package allowance (I think it was $12 then) and I paid the balance. This was also nice in the Cellar Masters where I could get a little wild. Sometimes they didn't bother to charge the difference. With the Classic, they didn't credit anything. I hope this policy hasn't changed and that credit is still offered.

A bit more serious, DH and I like a sweet , light wine like Moscato. It is not an expensive wine, in the same bracket as Beringer white Zin, and Beringer does sell Moscato. Is Moscato available on Celebrity? It was on Rcci's Anthem. Thanks!!:)

This is exactly how it works, which is why we upgrade to the Premium level.

We were on reflection in August and we upgraded. We upgraded as we got on the ship and paid $90 per person for a 10 night trip. Well worth it. A far greater choice of wine , pellegrino with dinner , most cocktails included and ale for DH. We were really glad we took the upgrade as could have just what we wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are just off the Eclipse and had the classic package. My DH was also able to get John Smiths bitter and another bottled ale which the name escapes me sorry. The wine for us was fine we asked for the wine to be matched with our dishes in the MDR and were never disappointed. Do remember if you do upgrade the real ales are all bottled nothing decent on drought.Also tell the bartender what spirits you like and they will make you a cocktail to your liking never had one off the list and all delicious.

If they are within these cost limits:

" choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinksup to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving"

As the picture says, this is a sample.

I think the price levels are pretty redundant now (apart from the wines by the glass in the MDR) as it's very hard to find menus with all the drinks prices, especially spirits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A question - I have read somewhere that Seagrams brand sparkling water is included in the package - is this true - I prefer to drink sparkling water over regular water with my meals.

The actual brand may vary by itinerary but a sparkling water or club soda is generally available on the classic package. I also enjoy it with my meals. With the premium package, Perrier or San Pellegrino were options.

Hi, Ocean Dancer. I don't recall seeing Moscato on the wine list but I wasn't really looking. You may be able to search. I remember seeing a full wine list once after much searching. I guess you could just bring some on board as part of your allowance.

Thank you you just convinced me to upgrade. I like good wines, and yes the wine list does not do anything for me either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk