Pride staying in NY overnight -because of Matthew

medianeh

Captain just announced that we are staying in New York until 5:00 pm tomorrow. No Canada for us.

We will be back in Baltimore on Sunday morning.

50% off our next cruise.

And as I said before, over 1000 people canceled this cruise so we are only sailing with just over 1500 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are leaving on the Pride on Sunday 10/9 - I am so nervous that they are just going to cancel the whole cruise. I always knew that a hurricane can happen when cruising Hurricane season just always prayed it wouldn't. I haven't started packing yet because I don't want to unpack - it would be heartbreaking.

We have been planning this vacation for almost 1 1/2 years and have saved and saved for it. We will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary and my hubbys 53rd Birthday while at sea. I just keep praying that everyone stays safe and our cruise happens.

1/2 off the next cruise would be awesome. I'd make sure you book a fabulous one. Can't believe so many cancelled, hope they all had insurance to cover it and didn't just throw their money away.

I agree as long as I'm on the boat I don't care where I am, I would cry if it got totally cancelled though.

We go over Halloween with as active as this year has been we are just hoping we can get on board. As long as we can get to port and out safely the rest is fine with us.

We are leaving on the Pride on Sunday 10/9 - I am so nervous that they are just going to cancel the whole cruise. I always knew that a hurricane can happen when cruising Hurricane season just always prayed it wouldn't. I haven't started packing yet because I don't want to unpack - it would be heartbreaking.

We have been planning this vacation for almost 1 1/2 years and have saved and saved for it. We will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary and my hubbys 53rd Birthday while at sea. I just keep praying that everyone stays safe and our cruise happens.

Positive thoughts your way!! I hope all goes well and you get to make your cruise!!

1/2 off the next cruise would be awesome. I'd make sure you book a fabulous one. Can't believe so many cancelled, hope they all had insurance to cover it and didn't just throw their money away.

I agree as long as I'm on the boat I don't care where I am, I would cry if it got totally cancelled though.

We go over Halloween with as active as this year has been we are just hoping we can get on board. As long as we can get to port and out safely the rest is fine with us.

I am one that cancelled and rescheduled. Carnival offered the option to cancel for a full refund or reschedule without penalties. I didn't lose any money and I'm cruising on the 23rd now.

I am in a similiar situation as you are and feel your frustration. Been planning this cruise for over a year. My husband & I got married this past Saturday and planned this cruise out of NYC to Canada for our honeymoon. We never go on vacation because it's so hard to get away with our busy schedules. I haven't started packing yet either because I'm just bumming about the whole situation 😞

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Cowgirl Donna -- I really hope things work out for you also!!! I don't care where we go just so I am on the ship. It sucks to plan it this long and then have to wait and see if you are even going. LOL Hopefully, we will both be going crazy packing last minute!!

It sounds like a great adventure even if you don't have the proper wardrobe! I would love a relatively empty ship, and an overnight in NYC...especially since hotels are so expensive. Enjoy!

We're from Buffalo. Used to this weather. Lol. Shorts and a hoodie. It's all good. We are having an awesome time!!

It sounds like a great adventure even if you don't have the proper wardrobe! I would love a relatively empty ship, and an overnight in NYC...especially since hotels are so expensive. Enjoy!

We are!

I am on the same cruise as you and I am not worried about the cruise being cancelled.. There may be some itinerary changes (due to storm damage?) but our group of 6, are still ready to go, rain or shine ! We will be driving to Baltimore from Ontario and are looking forward to a good time ! :)

I think there was a 100% refund offered to those that did not want to go with the changed itinerary.. I'm with you and would go regardless of the change.. :)

This is a great deal, and I would have gone regardless, but I can understand why people cancelled. Many have limited vacation time that they can take from work, so they can't just take another cruise soon. I wouldn't want to wait to accumulate more vacation days to take the cruise I wanted.

Also, is there an expiration on the 50% off?

Edited by VASOXFANN

Sounds like you are safe, have the ship to yourselves, get to explore NYC and get 50% off your next cruise great vacation.

Definitely a 180* from the original plan ... but I would be happy for sure.

Plus, they get a great story. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hello, 4 of us are also leaving on the Pride on Sunday 10/9 also. I am so worried we won't make it. We have already decided we do not want to go to NewYork or Canada. We all wanted a warm, feet in the sands vacation so if a full refund is offered we will take it and plan another trip maybe in the spring. I will keep my fingers crossed but the hurricane will still be coming up the coast so I am not sure how we will get out of the port of Baltimore if the storm is still hanging around.

We're from Buffalo. Used to this weather. Lol. Shorts and a hoodie. It's all good. We are having an awesome time!!

Medianeh I'm from buffalo too. I think we will be fine for Saturday I'm keeping a positive attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzlover7

This is a great deal, and I would have gone regardless, but I can understand why people cancelled. Many have limited vacation time that they can take from work, so they can't just take another cruise soon. I wouldn't want to wait to accumulate more vacation days to take the cruise I wanted.

Also, is there an expiration on the 50% off?

I'm not sure if there is an expiration. Letter from the captain doesn't specify.