Seattle hotel and transportation

5soccer9

I am looking for some suggestions for hotels in downtown Seattle, walking distance to Pike's Market, etc. Something middle of the road price wise. Also need suggestions for transportation from the airport to the hotel and from the cruise to the airport. Should I take a taxi or is their a better suggestion. Also any good places to eat.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

I am looking for some suggestions for hotels in downtown Seattle, walking distance to Pike's Market, etc. Something middle of the road price wise. Also need suggestions for transportation from the airport to the hotel and from the cruise to the airport. Should I take a taxi or is their a better suggestion. Also any good places to eat.

If you are looking for lower priced hotels (relative to downtown) look are the Space Needle area. There is a monorail that runs from the Space Needle to the core.

Do a brief search on this board; there are literally dozens of threads covering these questions.

There is no "s" in Pike Place Market.

We are in the same boat, no pun intended, lol! Decided to stay a few days after our cruise (September 2017).

With the prices of hotels as they are, we did a bunch of research and found quite a few reasonably priced hotels - there are some by the Space Needle but we wanted to be closer to Pike Place Market.

Finally decided to book the Moore Hotel. Couple of blocks away from the market and seems like a pretty basic, historical hotel but what sold my wife is that the Moore Theater is supposedly haunted and the Ghost Hunters of Syfy network fame checked it out!

We are in the same boat, no pun intended, lol! Decided to stay a few days after our cruise (September 2017).

With the prices of hotels as they are, we did a bunch of research and found quite a few reasonably priced hotels - there are some by the Space Needle but we wanted to be closer to Pike Place Market.

Finally decided to book the Moore Hotel. Couple of blocks away from the market and seems like a pretty basic, historical hotel but what sold my wife is that the Moore Theater is supposedly haunted and the Ghost Hunters of Syfy network fame checked it out!

Check the performance calendar for the Moore Theater, a big rock music venue on the ground floor; the hotel sits above it. The sound insulation is prehistoric, and it's not unknown for late-night performances and crowds to spill out onto the streets next to the hotel. As there's no air conditioning in the rooms, on warm nights you have to leave the windows open. Could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your tastes. ;) Also there's quite a lot of street life, some of it a bit unsavory, in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, so take normal big-city precautions if you're out late at night.

Yes, when we were there this past summer, downtown hotels were above $300/night. So, for our 4 nights, we weren't going to spend that kind of money. We got a much better deal by staying near the Space Needle. Plus, we wanted to see several things up there anyway. We could take the monorail into the downtown area when we wanted, it was perfect. And saved us probably $5-600!

We used Already There Towncar service to get to our hotel. I'd prefer to take a car service instead of a taxi, and I don't use Uber. The cost of the car was about the same as a taxi.

Thanks so much for all the the great information. I will check that hotel out. Enjoy your cruise. We sail in August.

Yes, when we were there this past summer, downtown hotels were above $300/night. So, for our 4 nights, we weren't going to spend that kind of money. We got a much better deal by staying near the Space Needle. Plus, we wanted to see several things up there anyway. We could take the monorail into the downtown area when we wanted, it was perfect. And saved us probably $5-600!

We used Already There Towncar service to get to our hotel. I'd prefer to take a car service instead of a taxi, and I don't use Uber. The cost of the car was about the same as a taxi.

Great. Thanks. About how far away is the Space Needle to Pike Market?

Check the performance calendar for the Moore Theater, a big rock music venue on the ground floor; the hotel sits above it. The sound insulation is prehistoric, and it's not unknown for late-night performances and crowds to spill out onto the streets next to the hotel. As there's no air conditioning in the rooms, on warm nights you have to leave the windows open. Could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your tastes. ;) Also there's quite a lot of street life, some of it a bit unsavory, in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, so take normal big-city precautions if you're out late at night.

Hmmm.......None of the reviews during my research mentioned that, although I did request an upper level room which Mike at the hotel acknowledged. Checked the performance calendar and they don't have anything scheduled that far out - yet

Will keep an eye out to see if anything changes.....

Great. Thanks. About how far away is the Space Needle to Pike Market?

We took the monorail into the city, it lets you off at Westlake Center and then it's like a 5 block walk (downhill) to get to Pike Place.

Here's me pre-trip report, you can see what we did staying further out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2381435

Hmmm.......None of the reviews during my research mentioned that, although I did request an upper level room which Mike at the hotel acknowledged. Checked the performance calendar and they don't have anything scheduled that far out - yet

Will keep an eye out to see if anything changes.....

Yeah, it's a long way out. Check the September 2016 listings (still visible) to get an idea of last month's actions.

An upper level room doesn't mean too much, see https://goo.gl/maps/Kg6s2FPW6aD2

Not saying you shouldn't stay there, but FWIW here's a video of one of the concerts that spilled out onto the street a couple of years ago. My wife was somewhere in the crowd.

We took the monorail into the city, it lets you off at Westlake Center and then it's like a 5 block walk (downhill) to get to Pike Place.

Here's me pre-trip report, you can see what we did staying further out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2381435

I did read your review. A lot of great information. I am going to check out the underground tour. Also may try Kells Irish Pub. We like to go to the Irish Pub's in different cities. Thanks for the information.

I did read your review. A lot of great information. I am going to check out the underground tour. Also may try Kells Irish Pub. We like to go to the Irish Pub's in different cities. Thanks for the information.

Thanks! It was a nice little place, in this alley, kind of cool!

Thanks! It was a nice little place, in this alley, kind of cool!

I have been reading a lot on this site about downtown Seattle. I made a reservation at the Courtyard, downtown/Pioneer Square. Is that a good area. Now I am questioning about staying downtown. We were in Seattle back in 2009 for the night and I don't remember it being so bad. Would we be better off staying by the airport? Or is it Lake Union?