What does Thenford Grey's Grand Tour include? Opinions?

tusconcam

Hi there.

I am looking for some help/advice about Thenford Grey's Grand Tour. My girlfriend and i will be in port early May and found others talking about his tour and hoped others could chime in.

How much was it when you went pp? How was the pick-up?

We are arriving on the rather large Harmony of the Seas ship( RCL), so don't know what pier we will be at.

Does anyone know where Oasis class ships berth at? If so, does this pose a problem to have to rush around to get onboard his tour? What does he use on cruise ship days for transportation?

What were you most impressed with on his tour? Any sights stand out?

The website mentions a beach stop at either Cockleshell Beach or South Friar's Beach. How is this determined?

Which beach did you go to? Pros/cons about it? Were chairs/umbrellas included in the tour price? If not, do you know how much they were to rent?

I know this is subjective, but on a cruise day does it get very crowded? Any chance to get a spot on a busy day with a view of the water?

Is there food available at either beach? Any idea on prices?

Does he go to public beaches and if so, is there a reserved section for our tour or do we fend for ourselves?

Does he go to any private clubs on the beach?

Did you feel you had enough time at the beach? Was the tour a good value?

Anything else to add would be greatly appreciated. I just want to maximize my time in St. Kitts.

Thanks very much.

All beaches on St Kitts are free & open to the public. There are no private beaches. For the most part all cruise ship tie up at Port Zante.

Cockleshell & South Friars both have several places to eat.

According to Crusetimetables.com your ship is the only ship calling on May 24th, 2017 at Basseterre.

Edited by paul58

• 4 weeks later...

DH and I are interested in one of Thenford Grey's tours. We are looking at the Grand Tour or the Capital City Tour and beach splash. Both offer time at the beach after the tours. We want to spend at least two hours on the beach after the touring. We are not looking to shop or spend the least amount of time shopping. What was your experience and which tour did you take?

Thanks

Cursing next month!!!!!

We took Thenford Grey's 'The Grand Tour' in 2013 when we were last in St Kitts. Thenford runs a good tour, we were very impressed. I think the cost back then was either $45 or $50 per person.

Brimstone Hill Fortress is the biggest stand out in my memory - great place, although I also liked the Batik Factory. To me, those were the highlights of the tour.

I don't remember which beach we went to, but there was an outdoor beach/bar that we ate lunch at. The beach was crowded when we arrived, but we were still able to find space.

I don't think you will be disappointed in a Thenford Grey tour.