HUB App - Questions

lesters

After looking through a page and a bit of questions that were mostly - is the HUB App available on ship X, Y or Z I have decided to post a couple quesitons to hopefully a few folks who have actually used the darn thing!

1. It is $5 per day and you get the social package (Facebook, Insta etc.) correct? Or is it $5 for the HUB PLUS $5 for the social package?

2. If we buy one $5 package (assuming the $5 package gets me HUB stuff AND Social) can I log in, do my thing, log out and then have DH sign in on his device under the same log in or do we each require an individual log in?

We are taking DD's BFF on this cruise and thought it would be good to get at least one package so that we can let her parents know all is well along the way.

Thanks everyone!

After looking through a page and a bit of questions that were mostly - is the HUB App available on ship X, Y or Z I have decided to post a couple quesitons to hopefully a few folks who have actually used the darn thing!

1. It is $5 per day and you get the social package (Facebook, Insta etc.) correct? Or is it $5 for the HUB PLUS $5 for the social package?

The Social Package is $5 per day, and gives you access to the most popular websites and applications. It includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp.

The HUB app is different than the Social Package. The HUB app is free unless you want to use its "chat" feature. The HUB app will bring you all of its features except "chat" without charge. To use the "chat" feature, each user must pay $5 for the entire cruise.

If you do not want to use the "chat" feature of the HUB app, then you only pay $5 per day for the Social Package.

2. If we buy one $5 package (assuming the $5 package gets me HUB stuff AND Social) can I log in, do my thing, log out and then have DH sign in on his device under the same log in or do we each require an individual log in?

You can use the Social Package on any device, but only one device can be logged on to it at a time, so yes, what you describe is possible. You can use the HUB app on any devices at the same time without a fee, again unless you wish to use the "chat" feature.

We are taking DD's BFF on this cruise and thought it would be good to get at least one package so that we can let her parents know all is well along the way.

That is exactly the way you can do it for a minimal cost.

Thanks everyone!

Here is a link that should tell you all you need to know about both of these topics:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/~/carnivals-wi-fi-service-and-hub-app

Edited by Rod in Az

The only addition I have to this is that the Hub app chat feature seems to have some issues. There were two in our cabin (wife and I) and we each paid the $5 for the chat. It worked once. After that, our messages to each other never went through. Very unreliable.

The Hub app has a nice feature for the pictures. Take a selfie and it will use facial recognition to find the pictures. You can purchase them as a digital download through the hub app. You never have to go to the Pixels area and search for your pictures again.

We just got off the Sunshine and we loved the app, worked great. I should mention you may have to restart it from time to time and you have to leave the app running to get notifications. The $5 is for the whole cruise and it was very convenient to track your account.

I also purchased the Value internet package for the length of the cruise and thought it was worth the $60, only issue I had was a weak connection in my stateroom.

Edited by CruiseAdict218

Am I able to set up and pay for the Hub chat and Internet packages for each of us before we board?

No. did you download the free app yet? There is a place that says "I'm onboard" that you click through to begin the login process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rod in AZ pretty well answered all of your questions accurately.

The only thing I would add is that the social package is $5 per day but on most cruises, if you want it for the entire duration of your cruise, there is a rate that is a good value. For our 10-11 days cruises, it was $40. Our 13 days one was $45 for the entire cruise.

Thank you so much for this thread, you've answered lots of my questions!

If I want to chat on the Hub to people in my M and M, would I need to know their full proper names, as that's how I signed up so I guess others did too? Or can we customise with CC screen names to 'search'?

TIA.

The Hub app has a nice feature for the pictures. Take a selfie and it will use facial recognition to find the pictures. You can purchase them as a digital download through the hub app. You never have to go to the Pixels area and search for your pictures again.

Could you tell me which ship(s) you were able to use the photo feature on? The Carnival web site only lists this as being for Vista - did you find it to be available on other ships?

Could you tell me which ship(s) you were able to use the photo feature on? The Carnival web site only lists this as being for Vista - did you find it to be available on other ships?

Open it up in the app. There is a whole list there. I can tell you for sure.... Glory, Valor, Vista.

Thank you so much for this thread, you've answered lots of my questions!

If I want to chat on the Hub to people in my M and M, would I need to know their full proper names, as that's how I signed up so I guess others did too? Or can we customise with CC screen names to 'search'?

TIA.

The Hub has no relation to CC. It is a CCL product. Each person has to download the app and register. You have to have a user name, and if you are using the chat feature you need to know each persons user name.

The Hub has no relation to CC. It is a CCL product. Each person has to download the app and register. You have to have a user name, and if you are using the chat feature you need to know each persons user name.

Actually there is no user name. If/when you sign up for the chat feature ($5 per device for the duration of the cruise) you are issued a code. You can then provide the code to others whom you wish to chat with on the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This was probably covered and I missed it but I just want to reiterate you do NOT have to buy ANY wifi package in order to use the HUB app. Even if you want to chat through HUB. If you want to chat with HUB you just enable it by paying the 5 bucks per device for the whole cruise. You can only chat with other people on-board who also have HUB chat enabled.

The 5$ a day social wifi package and the 2 higher priced packages are completely separate things and not required for using the HUB app.

just wanted to add that we had to create a group so my husband & I could see messages from my granddaughter. They have some different rules for minors but it was worth figuring out since she became ill one night and needed someone to come hlp her.

The app was supposed to be available on the Conquest starting yesterday, but my app is still showing coming soon..... Does anyone know of any updates?

the app may not show that yet - it could be working on CQ but not yet been updated in the coming soon.now available section of the app. I've seen them lag a day or 3 getting the ships moved.

Just got off the Breeze on Sunday, our family of 4 paid the $5 for the week for the "chat" function. For us it worked wonderful. You do have to leave the app up in the background. Ever now and then we would have delays in our messages going through but all in all in worked very well. Well worth the $5. The features it has are the chat, What's Happening, account details (individual & anyone on your acct) and your photos. It will describes the event that is happening for you in detail. Also, I would like to add our itinerary got changed because of Hurricane Matthew and they kept the Hub up to date with times and activities.

• 4 weeks later...
Just got off the Breeze on Sunday, our family of 4 paid the $5 for the week for the "chat" function. For us it worked wonderful. You do have to leave the app up in the background. Ever now and then we would have delays in our messages going through but all in all in worked very well. Well worth the $5. The features it has are the chat, What's Happening, account details (individual & anyone on your acct) and your photos. It will describes the event that is happening for you in detail. Also, I would like to add our itinerary got changed because of Hurricane Matthew and they kept the Hub up to date with times and activities.

Was it east to find your friends/family after you paid the $5??