HUB App - Questions

lesters

Just to confirm, the Digital photo part on the HUB app is only available on the ships that have digital photos correct? So basically only the Vista right?

Correct. When you leave the ship at the end of the cruise you can not access any information from the Hub.

Here is a link that should tell you all you need to know about both of these topics:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/~/carnivals-wi-fi-service-and-hub-app

Thank you for link

I'm missing something I think:confused:

If I would do the 'social' package, would I have ability to use FB messenger to communicate with the Mr back @ home without taking my iPhone off airplane mode/using data?

Also, could I post pictures on FB from my phone for him to view?

Edited by keishashadow

Thank you for link

I'm missing something I think:confused:

If I would do the 'social' package, would I have ability to use FB messenger to communicate with the Mr back @ home without taking my iPhone off airplane mode/using data?

Also, could I post pictures on FB from my phone for him to view?

Yes, you can use Facebook Messenger, and post photos to Facebook without taking your phone off airplane mode, and you won't be using any of your cellular data.

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Does not include access to other websites or apps.

If you purchase the social app, is it only for 1 device or can you access on multiple devices?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Only one at a time. But you can log out of one device and log onto a different one as much as you want. Say you want to switch from your tablet to your phone - no need to buy a second package as long as you only want to use one device at a time.

sent from my galaxy tab a

Yes, you can use Facebook Messenger, and post photos to Facebook without taking your phone off airplane mode, and you won't be using any of your cellular data.

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Does not include access to other websites or apps.

Thank you!

I was kind of confused about the Hub app on our cruise last month. The app tells you to put your phone on Airplane mode.

However, I chose not to put my phone in Airplane mode since I used the Verizon Int'l plan to send and receive text messages with my DD at home. (I do shut off the data so I don't get the "bill from hell".)

Wasn't sure how to handle that. What is the workaround?

Edited by The4Cruisers

I was kind of confused about the Hub app on our cruise last month. The app tells you to put your phone on Airplane mode.

However, I chose not to put my phone in Airplane mode since I used the Verizon Int'l plan to send and receive text messages with my DD at home. (I do shut off the data so I don't get the "bill from hell".)

Wasn't sure how to handle that. What is the workaround?

Put your phone on airplane mode but then go back in and turn wifi back on. Your phone will connect to the ship's wifi to allow you to use the HUB app. Your Verizon plan doesn't factor into that.

sent from my galaxy tab a

• 2 weeks later...
We just got off the Sunshine and we loved the app, worked great. I should mention you may have to restart it from time to time and you have to leave the app running to get notifications. The $5 is for the whole cruise and it was very convenient to track your account.

I also purchased the Value internet package for the length of the cruise and thought it was worth the $60, only issue I had was a weak connection in my stateroom.

Would you mind telling me a little about the Value Package? I don't really understand what all I get with that package. Will my cell phone have internet access? My Kindle w/wifi? Or do I need to bring a laptop?

I'd appreciate any info you can share. Thanks bunches!

Would you mind telling me a little about the Value Package? I don't really understand what all I get with that package. Will my cell phone have internet access? My Kindle w/wifi? Or do I need to bring a laptop?

I'd appreciate any info you can share. Thanks bunches!

Technically, all 3 packages give you access to the Internet. The difference is the cheapest social package only gives you access to a few very specific things. Facebook and a few other social media sites.

The value package opens up more but does not include streaming media sites like netflix or Hulu and some others. You can browse most of the Internet though.

The highest package opens it up even more and supposedly with higher speeds but most people report even that is frustratingly slow at times.

Any device with wifi can get on the ship wifi and go out to whatever level service you've paid for. You can only get on one device at a time per package - so you don't have to buy a package for both phone and kindle but you can only use one at a time. If you log on a new device it will log the previous device out.

Additionally, You don't have to buy any package to use the HUB app but if you want to chat with other cruisers who have it you just pay 5 bucks per cruise per device.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Forums mobile app