Elbow Beach

BeeSkip

Hi all

Does anyone know about spending the afternoon at elbow beach? How far? best way to gt there? any cost?

A friend told me this was a good alternative to Horseshoe Bay but had not details..

Thanks..

Bee

Hi all

Does anyone know about spending the afternoon at elbow beach? How far? best way to gt there? any cost?

A friend told me this was a good alternative to Horseshoe Bay but had not details..

Thanks..

Bee

I like to take the bus to to the Elbow Beach Hotel stop.

They have a very nice trail through their property down the hill to the right is the public beach.

D.W. love's the margaritas at Mikeys Bistro on the way through.

:) http://www.elbowbeachbermuda.com/dining/mickeys-beach-bistro :)

Edited by biker@sea

A few years ago decided to try Elbow Beach. Easy bus ride from port. Beautiful beach. No chair rental or bathroom facilities. Walked over to "Elbow Beach Hotel" facilities asked at the bar if we ordered drinks could we use their beach. Were assured YES. Paid huge money fir drinks and settled down to enjoy the afternoon. Shortly thereafter we were interrupted by the only rude person we ever encountered in Bermuda and were thrown off the beach.

Never again. Go to Horseshoe Bay. Much mor friendly, although mire crowded. If you want to sit in the sand with no facilities go to Elbow Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Grampyb

A few years ago decided to try Elbow Beach. Easy bus ride from port. Beautiful beach. No chair rental or bathroom facilities. Walked over to "Elbow Beach Hotel" facilities asked at the bar if we ordered drinks could we use their beach. Were assured YES. Paid huge money fir drinks and settled down to enjoy the afternoon. Shortly thereafter we were interrupted by the only rude person we ever encountered in Bermuda and were thrown off the beach.

Never again. Go to Horseshoe Bay. Much mor friendly, although mire crowded. If you want to sit in the sand with no facilities go to Elbow Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I said = The PUBLIC beach is to the right " when facing the water ".

There is a sign @ the hotel property line.

Coco Reef resort is a nice option at Elbow Beach. They offer a limited number of 'Day Passes' at $69 each and includes lunch (appetizer or desert, entree and wine or soda) you also get use of their pool and changing rooms. The have lounge chairs and umbrellas on a first come basis. It's easy to get to via Ferry ride to Hamilton and a bus ride. The locale is beautiful. Please read my Bermuda review for additional info.

Coco Reef resort is a nice option at Elbow Beach. They offer a limited number of 'Day Passes' at $69 each and includes lunch (appetizer or desert, entree and wine or soda) you also get use of their pool and changing rooms. The have lounge chairs and umbrellas on a first come basis. It's easy to get to via Ferry ride to Hamilton and a bus ride. The locale is beautiful. Please read my Bermuda review for additional info.

It should be mentioned that Coco Reef requires an advance reservation.

Elbow Beach also has day passes. I have seen $100 mentioned with advance reservations. Some have gone to Elbow without advance reservations and got chairs and an umbrella for $75 from the concession there.

As far as the issues the other person had, one part of the beach is private to Elbow Beach resort. Every year or so the answer changes as to whether you can get chairs and such. Their experience was a few years ago. The management of the resort has changed too. This year the answer seems to be $100 or $75.

As we are near the end of the 2016 season all who are researching for next year or beyond should keep in mind that change does happen in Bermuda. It may be slow change but change happens. All giving answers should keep that in mind too. This years answers or the experience of a few years ago can become outdated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

It should be mentioned that Coco Reef requires an advance reservation.

Elbow Beach also has day passes. I have seen $100 mentioned with advance reservations. Some have gone to Elbow without advance reservations and got chairs and an umbrella for $75 from the concession there.

I forgot to mention that Coco Reef requires reservations, they also provide you towels and use of the facilities. I think the Elbow Beach Resort only allows you to use the chairs and umbrellas. To mde Coco Reef is a much better deal, they are only a few hundred yards from each other, so the beach is essentially the same.

• 2 weeks later...
I forgot to mention that Coco Reef requires reservations, they also provide you towels and use of the facilities. I think the Elbow Beach Resort only allows you to use the chairs and umbrellas. To mde Coco Reef is a much better deal, they are only a few hundred yards from each other, so the beach is essentially the same.

We went to both Coco Reef and Elbow Beach - here are my thoughts on each. Price for 2 ended up being almost the same - $138 for Coco Reef, $150 for Elbow Beach (lunch + 1 drink + chairs and umbrella) We were fortunate to get the last available umbrella at Coco Reef, Elbow Beach had many more umbrellas. You could spread out at Coco Reef, while chairs at Elbow Beach were relatively close to each other. Coco Reef included use of pool, but not included at Elbow Beach. Elbow Beach has food and beverage service on the beach, at Coco Reef you need to hike up the hill to the restaurant. Towels were included at both resorts. We took ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton and then a taxi to resorts. Cost was between $20 and 25. Taxi back to ship was about $45. Beach is essentially the same - beautiful turquoise water and tropical breezes. Enjoy!

We went to both Coco Reef and Elbow Beach - here are my thoughts on each. Price for 2 ended up being almost the same - $138 for Coco Reef, $150 for Elbow Beach (lunch + 1 drink + chairs and umbrella) We were fortunate to get the last available umbrella at Coco Reef, Elbow Beach had many more umbrellas. You could spread out at Coco Reef, while chairs at Elbow Beach were relatively close to each other. Coco Reef included use of pool, but not included at Elbow Beach. Elbow Beach has food and beverage service on the beach, at Coco Reef you need to hike up the hill to the restaurant. Towels were included at both resorts. We took ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton and then a taxi to resorts. Cost was between $20 and 25. Taxi back to ship was about $45. Beach is essentially the same - beautiful turquoise water and tropical breezes. Enjoy!

Which one would you pick if you were only going to go to Elbow one day?

Which one would you pick if you were only going to go to Elbow one day?

I'm not sure Elbow Beach Resort offers the lunch package anymore, I think it's just use of a lounger and umbrella.

As far as getting there- I prefer taking the Ferry to Hamilton and then the #7 bus back towards the dockyard. (more scenic and you don't have to fight the crowds going from Dockyard to Horseshoe)

Keep in mind that going places in Bermuda often includes long and hilly walks.

I'm not sure Elbow Beach Resort offers the lunch package anymore, I think it's just use of a lounger and umbrella.

As far as getting there- I prefer taking the Ferry to Hamilton and then the #7 bus back towards the dockyard. (more scenic and you don't have to fight the crowds going from Dockyard to Horseshoe)

Keep in mind that going places in Bermuda often includes long and hilly walks.

If I went to Elbow again I would pick Elbow Beach Resort because I need umbrellas. Several reported that they were out of umbrellas when they went to Coco Reef. And I noticed she said she got the last umbrella at Coco Reef. Having an umbrella is more important to me than having lunch included. The other person who I travel with has to have an umbrella or we can't stay long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Based on umbrella availability and the location of amenities, I would choose Elbow Beach. The price we paid (walking up to beach concession) of $75 included the umbrella, 2 lounge chairs and very nice towel covers for the chairs. We spent about $75 on lunch - rum swizzle plus burger - delivered to our chairs - they had excellent beach service and decent menu to choose from. Alternatively, one could go to beachside restaurant and eat there. The other advantage of Elbow Beach for us was that refreshments, restrooms and changing facilities were at the beach level; at Coco Reef we had to hike up the hill for all facilities so if mobility is an issue, Coco Reef is a bit of a challenge.

I visited Elbow Beach back in June of 2016 and spent the Day at the Elbow Beach Resort. I made an advance reservation online at resort for a day for $49 and that reserved me a lounge chair, and umbrella. They only offer about 10 day passes per day and some dates are completely blacked out for weddings or other large groups. It was about a $40 taxi ride from the Kings Wharf pier, so the bus option sounds great. The Elbow Beach Resort I found perfectly gorgeous, they had nice restroom facilities, with many showers inside the restrooms and outside on the beach. I did see the Coco Beach Resort that is right beside the Elbow Beach Resort. I think that one was nice that they offered lunch and pool access with their pass, but I think the Elbow Beach Resort was a bit more upscale.