What to do with only one?

Charisse4

Charisse we are on the same cruise as you. We are looking into doing an ATV excursion to a remote beach. When I get some info I will let you know. Toto has been to Barbados many times so I am sure she can suggest something else once she returns from her cruise now. We did this type of excursion in Coz last year only with dune buggies and loved it. The beach was beautiful and the ride thru the dune was great. Followed the beach all the way up the coast.

My suggestion, with one day only in Barbados, especially if you have never been before, is to take an Island tour. Get a look at what we have to offer and maybe one day you'll come back for a long stay vacation. Take the tour with the ship or on your own. Shopping isn't that great unless you want to purchase something to take back home as a reminder of your visit. The Beaches are great, so take the tour then hit a beach for a while. Find a taxi or a guided tour that will also drop you at the beach for a few hours and pick you back up later.

For snorkeling, I'd suggest Folkstone park on the upper west coast.

Have fun

Barbados is a small island, but there is a lot to see.

If you stayed a week, maybe, just maybe, you could see it all.

Therefore, I concur with Sunnie. The best time spent for a first-time visitor on the island is an island tour.

Preferably a tour that encompasses both our west and east coasts. It's a completely different planet on either side of the island...One or both of which may appeal to you.

I don't recommend tour companies anymore, but there are many that do a great job and will give you your monies worth.

We want you to return for a long stay and enjoy the island's treasures at your leisure.

My best wishes for a wonderful visit. :) :) :)

Archived