Boarding Splendida in a few days

joern

Hi

In a few days we board the Splendida on our first cruise. I have a few questions:

I read that some get cabin upgrades. If we are upgraded would they have told us so allready or will we be told when we board?

We have a balcony cabin (12208) with fantastica and have upgraded to All inclusive restaurant and bar drink package, but i'm confused about the free roomservice. Can I order a drink from one of the bars and have it delivered in my cabin?

The ship departs from Barcelona at 20,00 and we arrive at 14,00. Our plan is to take a taxi from the airport to the ship. If we do, will the buffet be open? or is it better to take the train to the city centre, have lunch and then a taxi to the ship?

In Malaga, we are meeting with a friend. Does anyone know which pier we will dock at?

I understand that irons are not allowed on board. Are they strict about that? or is it just a way for the to get us to pay for ironing?

Finally, the hardest question ;-) : I have absolutely no idea about what to pack. I know that Marseille and Genoa are not warm, but Malaga, Casablanca and Lissabon I'm unsure about. am i too optimistic if i hope that i can spend the days at sea by the pool?

Hi Joern,

I read that some get cabin upgrades. If we are upgraded would they have told us so allready or will we be told when we board?Unlikely on any cruise, especially your first. You would have been notified by now, keep fingers crossed

We have a balcony cabin (12208) with fantastica and have upgraded to All inclusive restaurant and bar drink package, but i'm confused about the free roomservice. Can I order a drink from one of the bars and have it delivered in my cabin?The free room service applies to items on Room service menu. I don't think it applies to bar drinks.

The ship departs from Barcelona at 20,00 and we arrive at 14,00. Our plan is to take a taxi from the airport to the ship. If we do, will the buffet be open? or is it better to take the train to the city centre, have lunch and then a taxi to the ship?Buffet open all day. Taxi is set price at €39. You can check in and maybe go ashore again after eating but it's not worth it as you will have muster drill etc and need to be back on board before sailaway.

In Malaga, we are meeting with a friend. Does anyone know which pier we will dock at? sorry, no.

I understand that irons are not allowed on board. Are they strict about that? or is it just a way for the to get us to pay for ironing?Very strict on irons as they are fire hazards

Finally, the hardest question ;-) : I have absolutely no idea about what to pack. I know that Marseille and Genoa are not warm, but Malaga, Casablanca and Lissabon I'm unsure about. am i too optimistic if i hope that i can spend the days at sea by the pool?Expect a mixture of weather. Bring windcheaters and long pants/cardigans etc as you may be sweltered one day and blown away the next. Overall expect some sunbathing weather. As you're from Denmark, you may find it very pleasant!

Enjoy the cruise. Great class of ship.

Hi

In a few days we board the Splendida on our first cruise. I have a few questions:

The ship departs from Barcelona at 20,00 and we arrive at 14,00. Our plan is to take a taxi from the airport to the ship. If we do, will the buffet be open? or is it better to take the train to the city centre, have lunch and then a taxi to the ship?

I understand that irons are not allowed on board. Are they strict about that? or is it just a way for the to get us to pay for ironing?

Finally, the hardest question ;-) : I have absolutely no idea about what to pack. I know that Marseille and Genoa are not warm, but Malaga, Casablanca and Lissabon I'm unsure about. am i too optimistic if i hope that i can spend the days at sea by the pool?

We are sailing the Splendida out of Barcelona on Thursday.

We are arriving at 8:30am and taking the Aerobus (6 euro pp) to Plaza de Cataluna and renting a luggage locker. We plan on boarding around 4pm. We want to walk to Columbus Monument where we will catch a port bus (2 euro pp) to the ship as long as weather permits. It is a pleasant walk down Las Ramblas. We each have one rolling suitcase and a bag. Don't attempt this with a lot of luggage.

We take wrinkle release spray and hang any truly wrinkled items in the bathroom. The shower steam helps. It is what it is.

I've been following the temperatures and they will range from 60f-80f. We have packed layers. Sweaters, t-shirts, down vest, hooded sweatshirts, jeans, shorts, the works. After this cruise we are doing a transatlantic.

The Splendida has a covered enclosed pool area so you will be able to spend time by the pool.

Timm

Thanks for all the replies.

I found out that we will dock at pier 1 in Malaga.

The room service is obviously not that interesting, but never mind, if I want a drink in the room I will go and get it in a bar and bring it to the room (can smoke at the same time).

I will use the trick with steam from the shower, but does anyone know the price for ironing a shirt?

Regarding want to wear, I will bring clothes for summer and autum :-)

Is there anywhere I can see what time we will pass Gibraltar? Would like to see it in daytime

Thanks for all the replies.

I found out that we will dock at pier 1 in Malaga.

The room service is obviously not that interesting, but never mind, if I want a drink in the room I will go and get it in a bar and bring it to the room (can smoke at the same time).

I will use the trick with steam from the shower, but does anyone know the price for ironing a shirt?

Regarding want to wear, I will bring clothes for summer and autum :-)

Is there anywhere I can see what time we will pass Gibraltar? Would like to see it in daytime

Just off Splendida this morning in Genoa. If you have purchased the Allegrisimo Premium drinks package, all the items in the mini bar in your cabin are included. However, make sure that any items used from the mini bar are not charged to your account on the last night otherwise you'll have to go to guest services early on day of disembarkation and get the charges removed like I had to this morning.

We are sailing the Splendida out of Barcelona on Thursday.

We are arriving at 8:30am and taking the Aerobus (6 euro pp) to Plaza de Cataluna and renting a luggage locker. We plan on boarding around 4pm. We want to walk to Columbus Monument where we will catch a port bus (2 euro pp) to the ship as long as weather permits. It is a pleasant walk down Las Ramblas. We each have one rolling suitcase and a bag. Don't attempt this with a lot of luggage.

We take wrinkle release spray and hang any truly wrinkled items in the bathroom. The shower steam helps. It is what it is.

I've been following the temperatures and they will range from 60f-80f. We have packed layers. Sweaters, t-shirts, down vest, hooded sweatshirts, jeans, shorts, the works. After this cruise we are doing a transatlantic.

The Splendida has a covered enclosed pool area so you will be able to spend time by the pool.

Timm

The blue port bus is now €3 pp one way, €4 for a return trip (just in case you intended to have the correct amount in coins, which is a good idea as the ticket sellers don't carry a lot of change!)

Hi

I read that some get cabin upgrades. If we are upgraded would they have told us so allready or will we be told when we board?

We have a balcony cabin (12208) with fantastica and have upgraded to All inclusive restaurant and bar drink package, but i'm confused about the free roomservice. Can I order a drink from one of the bars and have it delivered in my cabin?

In Malaga, we are meeting with a friend. Does anyone know which pier we will dock at?

The buffet will be open, but after 14.00 the selections might be limited.

It seemed that the buffet was only opened in full force between 12.00 and 14.00