Cabin Selection Help

Planning on booking Adenture of the Sea on June 2nd. Would like balcony cabin and considering classes E1, D2 and D3 the difference being $20/person for each upgrade. D2 & D3 are larger. D3 has cabins on floor six located about mid-ship. D2 has cabins on 7 & 8 also located mid-ship. We are booking 2 cabins. Is it worth the extra dollars for the higher level cabins?

Thanks

I would book mid ship on deck 7, 8 or 9 mainly because then you wont have anything but cabins above and below you.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe that E1, D2, and D3 cabins are all the same size. If you want to stay mid ship, you should see if any of the hump cabins are open, then the extra money for a higher level deck would be worth it.

I just looked at RCCL web site and the Adventure leaves San Juan on June 4th. They had E1 rooms 8308, 8310 and 8610, 8612 available, if you're looking for 2 rooms near each other. I'd personally pick 8610 & 8612 as these rooms are on the Hump (balconies are a little larger than normal). You can also call RCCL directly to see if any AFT cabins are available these have HUGE balconies (RCCL will tell you that they are the same size as all the others).

I hope this helps you with your decision making:)

Thanks. What would I have below me on deck 6 vs deck 7? Also, what's a "hump cabin"?

Deck 5 is the Promemade Deck which is the main inside deck where shops and food are located. I dont think it would make that much of a deal noise wise but I usually like cabins above and below me.

A hump cabin is the part of the ship where it juts out or "bumps" out a bit from the rest. If you have a cabin there, you can see front and back.

I went back to RCCL web site and re-entered your info. They have rooms

CAT E1 8314, 8316, 8610, 8612, 8616

CAT D3 6336, 6338, 6636, 6638, 6640

CAT D2 7334, 7634

I would personally choose 8314 & 8316 as these are on the HUMP and the balconies are to be a little larger then the others listed here. You get the same room as the other E1's with a bigger balcony for the same $$$$ (duh) The other categories are the same room with normal balconies and cost more $$$.

Call RCCL directly and ask if there are any AFT (cabins along the back of the ship) cabins available. These cabins have HUGE balconies (they will tell you they are the same size as the others), but look for threads about AFT cabins and you will find pictures to prove what I'm saying. The only down side to the Aft cabins is that they are a long walk from the elevators, but if you don't mind walking...

I hope this helps

Lisa

We were lucy enough to have cabin 1538 on our last cruise on the AOS. This was an awesome experience having a cabin that far forward and that high up. This was still a cat. E1 but was on the same deck as the high rent district. We were able to take a peek into the Royal Suite once.

The sounds from the ship crashing into the waves while at sea were amaseing. While docking we could see the capitan come out onto his little cat walk and use his little joy stick to put the big ship into place.

I do not see these cabins mentioned as options ( there are 2 of them 1538 and 1536 on this deck ) but I would stay in one of these again. There was a couple in our party that had an aft cabin and they said they loved the sounds of the waves way better than in the aft.

Just another point of view.

momoflsg,

Thanks for your help. One further question - we are 4 people - 2 adults, with 2 young adult children (21 & 19). For dinner, would you suggest, early seating or late seating (e.g., what time are shows, evening events, etc) and what table size. The small size reads 4-6. That could be weird if we got a table of 6 as it would be the 4 of us plus 2 others.

I prefer late seating. It gives you time to rest after excursions in port. Also, you aren't in the dining room at sunset. I also like the large tables because you can meet more people.

I also second getting the hump cabins because you can see all the way forward and all the way back unlike the plain side cabins. 8316 and 8314 would be the way to go.

I would book mid ship on deck 7, 8 or 9 mainly because then you wont have anything but cabins above and below you.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I believe that E1, D2, and D3 cabins are all the same size. If you want to stay mid ship, you should see if any of the hump cabins are open, then the extra money for a higher level deck would be worth it.

The D cabins are a bit larger than the E cabins, but the balconies are a but larger on E cabins than D cabins. Maybe it is just me, but I would rather have the larger balcony. The difference in room size is so small that you probably won't even notice. But the balcony, however, any little bit helps. JMHO

A hump cabin is the part of the ship where it juts out or "bumps" out a bit from the rest. If you have a cabin there, you can see front and back.

Can someone clarify something for me re the "hump". On the Radiance, there is the middle bulge which I have no trouble understanding contains hump cabins. This ship also bulges out as it gets towards the front and the rear. Are the cabins in these bulges also regarded as hump cabins?:confused:

Hi all, I have asked this before with no luck so will try again. Does anyone have experience with the cabins at either end of the hump, for example 8626, 8326, 8612, 8312 or similar? We are wondering about the view and whether the other hump cabins will see into our balcony (you never know what might go on out there ;) )

Hi all, I have asked this before with no luck so will try again. Does anyone have experience with the cabins at either end of the hump, for example 8626, 8326, 8612, 8312 or similar? We are wondering about the view and whether the other hump cabins will see into our balcony (you never know what might go on out there ;) )

I'm not sure of show times, I think they usually have the shows before and after dinner. If you can get late seating I would, you have time after ports to rest a little before dinner, there will probably be less children, and you won't get rushed out after dinner. I would book a Large table (8-10 people) you will have more people to converse with.

Archived