How do Columbus Day sale fares compare?

limace

We are looking at the June 27 8 day Norwegian ports sailing from Southampton on the Indeoendence with this promotion I see about $4800 for a balcony for our family of four. We have not sailed RCCL before and are just starting to look-how does this fare seem in your experience? Do they typically have one sale r bother going on or is this a truly special deal? And we will be on Celebrity in three weeks-would you suggest waiting to book on board instead? Help! I'm clueless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly.....you never can tell with Royal's pricing. Most sales aren't really sales, but our culture has been brainwashed into thinking we must act before the sale ends, so they ALWAYS have a new sale going on.

Since you are based in the US, if the price drops before final payment is due all you have to do is call up Royal (or your Travel Agent) and they will honor the lower price, so there really is no incentive to waiting to book. More often than not prices increase over time. If you wait to book you always take the risk that the price increases, however if you book on X at the NextCruise desk then you essentially will get a free $150 deposit for a balcony stateroom. You can always book now, book again on X if the price hasn't significantly changed to get the NextCruise deal, then cancel the first booking once you get back home.

This sale is actually better then the past few months. I been monitoring it, since I have a cruise booked for next year. The past months its been a "discount", but they would raise the base price, so really the final price wasn't changing, but their up front promotion made it seem like it was something good.