Lost items on Ruby Princess in Ensenada on 10/3/2016

Dojomalida

Typically the opening will handle a container 16 x 24x any length. Any suitcase you can buy at Walmart will work.

Answer is correct for most ports, but there are some ports where they insist regular size luggage that could fit through the scanner must be checked anyway.

Thank you so much for answerING my question. Those on cruise critic are the best.

Answer is correct for most ports, but there are some ports where they insist regular size luggage that could fit through the scanner must be checked anyway.

That's correct. I saw a man with two large pieces of luggage standing in line to go through the scanner. They told him he had to check them in outside. He got really *issed and huffed off. It's the same policy as the airport folks.

So sorry that happened. We will be in Ensenada Dec 3rd. If you want us to replace your son's items, please email me robinson852 at comcast dot net.

Robinsoncruiseso: So sweet of you to offer. It was not the value of the lost items, but more of their sentimental value, that bothers me. My son is over it. I'm pretty sure we will be back to Ensenada as well, so we can eventually replace the souvenirs. Lesson learned to be more careful even at the security checkpoint.

14 minutes after your first post and you let us know you're still waiting? I think it might take a little longer than 14 minutes to get the conversation going...

Excuse me, but this was in response to the first comment to my original post. That (somewhat rude) comment was deleted since (I assume by the commenter)...

Feeling bad for your son. This happened to me on our second cruise at the check in terminal. Must say that Princess was not very helpful. Checked on board with lost and found several times and again when we got back, all to no avail. Lost my Ipod, prescription glasses and several other items. Whoever took it obviously knew it wasn't theirs. Anyway we now have one of us walk thru first, then have my DW sends our items thru while I wait and watch them go thru.

Feeling bad for your son. This happened to me on our second cruise at the check in terminal. Must say that Princess was not very helpful. Checked on board with lost and found several times and again when we got back, all to no avail. Lost my Ipod, prescription glasses and several other items. Whoever took it obviously knew it wasn't theirs. Anyway we now have one of us walk thru first, then have my DW sends our items thru while I wait and watch them go thru.

We do this too. One of us goes through and watches stuff while second one sends it through. We also try to put everything into one bag. Works well, then you know you only have one thing to pick up and easier to spot someone walking away with a bigger bag.

Sad that this world has come to this. A tough lesson or a little boy to learn.