Appetizers on Balcony for Sailaway

A&Jfamily

Just to let everyone know, the "snacks from the lido" worked perfectly! Lunch meat, 3 different types of cheese cubes, veggies, ranch and some olives. Never found crackers - but I think that keeping it "low carb - clearly not low fat!" kept us not feeling stuffed for dinner.

The only issue was that the fridge on the Sunshine was too small to hold the large plate from the lido and I had to put it on an angle! LOL

This was a perfect sail-away for us on their aft balcony as we had boarded by 12:15 and eaten and wandered the entire ship back and forth so they could get a feel for it. We had excellent views of Lady Liberty and Manhattan - and an unobstructed view straight up as we went under the bridge!

Magically, a couple of bottles of wine disappeared while we relaxed and got our cruise on!:D:D:D

Thank you so much for coming back to let us know how great it worked out! Counting the days until we can do the same.:)

My hubby and I will be in our first balcony on the Dream in December and this sounds like an excellent idea. He has only cruised twice and really prefers the quieter side of things. Our cove balcony should give the opportunity for that....and some snacks from Lido will top it off.

I've ordered the cheese and fruit tray to be in the cabin when we arrive. It's a all girls cruise so we will all prob be on the balcony with some wine, cheese and crackers (good idea on bringing crackers) and some music through a blue tooth speaker having a ball. Can't wait!

This thread just gave me something new to pack. Food storage containers. We always take our own travel mugs for coffee and I'll usually make a breakfast run for DW. The covered mugs help, but A covered container would work out even better. When we do order room service for an afternoon snack, we normally order enough so there is something extra to put in the fridge when we don't feel like waiting. But the plates never fit and the containers would (and it would be covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've ordered the cheese and fruit tray to be in the cabin when we arrive. It's a all girls cruise so we will all prob be on the balcony with some wine, cheese and crackers (good idea on bringing crackers) and some music through a blue tooth speaker having a ball. Can't wait!

I ordered the cheese tray before and it was SUPPOSED to be delivered on the first day. It wasn't. I called that night and they said you have to call and schedule it even though it was already scheduled online. Not saying that will happen to you, but you might want to confirm the delivery time once onboard. It was really good once we got it! :)

Edited by BALCONETTE