Beware minors with different last name from parent

CookiePie

We just returned from our Carnival Sunshine cruise 10/1-8, we had an amazing cruise and I am in love with Bermuda! Before getting off the ship in Bermuda the announcements from or CD Emma, said that anyone 16 or older needed a photo id for security. My nephew is 15 and my sister questioned whether or not she should take his passport off the ship. I said well he isn't 16yet, however we always carry ours off just in case we ever had an emergency and somehow missed the ship. She took it just in case and it's a good thing that she did! Security in Bermuda requires it when parents last name does not match the child. This is not something that ever crossed our minds. I do not know how much trouble it would have been if she had left it in her safe. This is the first time that she has encountered this while cruising. I just wanted to make families aware that are traveling to Bermuda with different last manes from their children, so that they can be prepared with documentation.

No issue for me thankfully. We cruised sunshine to Bermuda with my son with a different last night. It wasn't questioned which is good because his passport was in our room. This didn't even cross my mind that it would be questioned but it makes sense that it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not know how much trouble it would have been if she had left it in her safe. This is the first time that she has encountered this while cruising. I just wanted to make families aware that are traveling to Bermuda with different last manes from their children, so that they can be prepared with documentation.

They would either A - accept your verbal explanation, B - call guest relations onboard to verify or C - have her go onboard and bring back the documentation from the safe.

But yes, Bermuda is one place where they can be picky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk