Pulling hair out over what to do in Nassau

Heather1972

Hi all -

We've been to Nassau a few times. We've done Melia Resort, Atlantis, and just walked around the area near the pier. Just me and my son (age 11) are going there in November. I really want to do a beach trip in case we don't make it to Great Stirrup Cay. While I'm interested in Blue Lagoon, it's hard to justify that kind of money if we might get 2 hours at the beach. We're only in Nassau from 1 to 9. While I might be interested in Junkanoo, I'm afraid my kid would whine that he's bored!. All I need is a nice chair, umbrella and food. He needs more ... like toys. Any suggestions on what to do??

I too, am going to Nassau in November with my 5 year old son. We have been to Nassau many times before so this time I am going to try the British Colonial Hilton. Check it out. I have read its safe and very nice. Good luck!

I too, am going to Nassau in November with my 5 year old son. We have been to Nassau many times before so this time I am going to try the British Colonial Hilton. Check it out. I have read its safe and very nice. Good luck!

Yeah, I pulled the trigger on British Colonial. At least my son will have access to a pool and kayak. I'm going to save Junkanoo for next spring when hubby is with us.

Yeah, I pulled the trigger on British Colonial. At least my son will have access to a pool and kayak. I'm going to save Junkanoo for next spring when hubby is with us.

Great! I think it's the best deal and you get food too. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We were at Blue Lagoon 2 years ago and it was wonderful. Our kids are grown but I know our preschool grandchildren would love it there. I think it would be safer there (as opposed to a public beach) as there are no waves and it's more contained than an open beach. They have some playtoys but they're for older kids. I'd just bring a bucket and shovel-have fun building sand castles. There were plenty of beach chairs and shade if you want. Food is included-grill fare and delicious. They have a small gift shop with reasonably priced souvenirs. While the main beach is on a sheltered "Lagoon" (small waterway) the ocean with large waves is just a short walk. Not a swimming beach but a nice view. The sand was beautiful and it's very clean island overall. As an aside, the boat ride over was really fun!!! Were looking forward to going again on our Dec 11 NCL Breakaway cruise

We were at Blue Lagoon 2 years ago and it was wonderful. Our kids are grown but I know our preschool grandchildren would love it there. I think it would be safer there (as opposed to a public beach) as there are no waves and it's more contained than an open beach. They have some playtoys but they're for older kids. I'd just bring a bucket and shovel-have fun building sand castles. There were plenty of beach chairs and shade if you want. Food is included and was grill type and delicious. They have a small gift shop with reasonably priced souvenirs. While the main beach is on a sheltered "Lagoon" (small waterway) the ocean with large waves is just a short walk. Not a swimming beach but a nice view. The sand was beautiful and it's very clean island overall. Were looking forward to going again on our Dec 11 NCL Breakaway cruise

A friend suggested a fishing charter in Nassau. He said it was the best money spent on their cruise and they too had been to Nassau a few times. We'll be there in Feb and I'm researching some different charter companies outside of cruiseline excursion packages. An 11-yr old would get a lot out of a fishing charter.

Hi all -

We've been to Nassau a few times. We've done Melia Resort, Atlantis, and just walked around the area near the pier. Just me and my son (age 11) are going there in November. I really want to do a beach trip in case we don't make it to Great Stirrup Cay. While I'm interested in Blue Lagoon, it's hard to justify that kind of money if we might get 2 hours at the beach. We're only in Nassau from 1 to 9. While I might be interested in Junkanoo, I'm afraid my kid would whine that he's bored!. All I need is a nice chair, umbrella and food. He needs more ... like toys. Any suggestions on what to do??