Price Protection question

momin05

I have a 6D booked for three people. There are only 3 or 4 of these on the ship. There are many 6Ds for four people. Here is my situation:

I booked past guest rate with 2 category upgrade so a 6D is the same price as a 6C.

The 6C price has gone down $70, thus the 6D has also gone down $70.

There are no 6Ds for three people still available.

There are plenty of 6Ds for 4 people available, but are not opened for booking three people at this time.

I can mock book a 6D for four people and see it is the same price as a 6C.

I called when it was $50 cheaper and was told I couldn't price match to the lower price. For $50, no fuss. But the price has gone down again and if it continues to go down, it is just frustrating. I mean, I could cancel this cabin and rebook it 5 minutes later for $70 cheaper, so why can't I price match to it? Has anyone been successful in getting a price match in the same or similar situation?

Is the lower fare a guarantee fare, where they pick the cabin for you?

We had this situation, when trying to collect on a price protection. We were going from an Early Saver with assigned cabins, to a guaranteed cabin fare, and were told that this was considered a down grade even in the same category. Our PVP went and talked to a supervisor and did get it done for us, but said it was a one time courtesy.

It is not a guarantee fare, it is the past guest rate fare where I can pick my own cabin (the same rate/fare I booked).

It is for the April 7, 2017 sailing of Sunshine. I had to cancel the November 6 sailing, unfortunately.

LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE

The Lowest Price Guarantee applies to the cruise fare only. The Lowest Price Guarantee protection will not apply to prevailing Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses. Lower rates must be publicly advertised fares available to the general public and exclude group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates. To submit a Lowest Price Guarantee claim, visit carnival.com online and complete all the information required on the Lowest Price Guarantee claim form. You will be asked to provide the lower rate amount and where the rate can be found. Lower rate must: i) be for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; and ii) be available for booking at the time Carnival reviews your completed Lowest Price Guarantee claim form. All Lowest Price Guarantee claim forms must be submitted online within 48 hours of booking your cruise and verified by Carnival in order to qualify for the onboard credit. The onboard credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited. Lowest Price Guarantee program may be discontinued or changed at any time. Offer is not available on Carnival Australia sailings.

Edited by ray98

Ray98, the Lowest Price Guarantee is only valid for 48 hours after the initial booking. I'm guessing it doesn't apply hear.

With that being said, to the OP: you are not booked under Early Saver, so technically you are not price matching. You can ask to have your rate adjusted to the new price (if not past final payment date), because they know that there is nothing stopping you from canceling and rebooking since Past Guest had no cancellation penalty before the final payment date.

The problem here lies in the fact that they will not allow you to book a cabin with a higher capacity than you need. Therefore, there is nothing to adjust your price to as you don't have a way currently to get that new, lower rate. Unless you find a couple friends to share the cabin with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12